Top 5 stand-ups/surreal comedy Page 3

One of my absolute favourite stand up is Arnold Brown who I think is fantastic. There is so little of his material about that I've pounced on everything I've seen. Including an old VHS video of a 1979 gig in London.
The website Go Faster Stripe has the only DVD I've seen of him of a gig in Cardiff.
There is precious little on YouTube an interesting clip is of the first Scottish Comedy Awards where Brown was feted by Scots young comedy Turks as the founding father of Scottish alternative comedy.
He's been around for ages, was one of the comics at the Comedy Store with Rick Mayall etc. But compared to the others from that stable I think he's been totally ignored.
He was on a radio comedy that I caught a bit of years ago, that I thoroughly enjoyed. Regrettably I can't remember the name of it now.
I wouldn't call him surreal though I can imagine he's not everyone' cuppa tea. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cZAggh1jo

Quote: Barry Cross @ 5th February 2017, 11:40 PM

One of my absolute favourite stand up is Arnold Brown who I think is fantastic. There is so little of his material about that I've pounced on everything I've seen. Including an old VHS video of a 1979 gig in London.
The website Go Faster Stripe has the only DVD I've seen of him of a gig in Cardiff.
There is precious little on YouTube an interesting clip is of the first Scottish Comedy Awards where Brown was feted by Scots young comedy Turks as the founding father of Scottish alternative comedy.
He's been around for ages, was one of the comics at the Comedy Store with Rick Mayall etc. But compared to the others from that stable I think he's been totally ignored.
He was on a radio comedy that I caught a bit of years ago, that I thoroughly enjoyed. Regrettably I can't remember the name of it now.
I wouldn't call him surreal though I can imagine he's not everyone' cuppa tea. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cZAggh1jo

Did you see Arnold Brown's 80th Birthday Bash at The Comedy Store a few months back? The bill was mind blowing, from Paul Merton (who, incidentally, should be on this list of surreal stand ups, his Policeman on Acid routine is a masterclass!) to Norman Lovett, Stewart Lee and everybody in between!