Can you make market research hilarious? Page 2

Everyone.....!

It seems like forever ago that I started this process off - due to circumstances, it had to take a back seat.... but now, it's being resurrected and I wanted to re-enage you all to see if you're still interested in having a crack at this?

I don't think I gave a brilliant steer as to what we had in mind, so, please have a look through this and this might give you an idea of what we're after.

http://fivedials.com/experiments/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Five%20Dials&utm_campaign=Questionnaire#1

but, sill using the many different styles of questions that we can offer. There doesnt' have to be any order to this, but the idea is not just to show that we're capable of doing everything a client might want, but also that we dont't take business so seriously!

This link shows our "corporate" demo : https://www.warpsurveys.com/review?sid=76d43a3c-44da-4a14-a3a9-ebd544ecca48

and from here you can get an idea of what can go in what type of question.

What I'm proposing is that I'll pay everyone £250 to come up with a prototype if you will - I don't want or expect you to give your time for nothing... but I also have no idea if that's a reasonable amount for you to give up some time to have a crack at this.

I won't be managing the project directly so once we get the ball rolling, I'll introduce you to the person / people who will be seeing this through to the bitter end

Yes we can.

Thanks to everyone who responded - I think the only thing that was clear was that I wasn't very clear in what I was proposing...!

Let me see if this email / forum post can make sense this time.

What we want, from anyone who is willing to do it, is for you to write a funny survey. At this stage, it does not need to be anything other than a word document (or similar) - what we are after is to see your ideas about how it could be approached.

This first stage is where we will pay every person £250 as an incentive to wow us. I wanted to give everyone who is interested a chance to show what they can do.

The "five dials" link was an example of how someone did it - your example doesn't have to follow this, no survey scripting / technical stuff needs to be done - just write a short (ish), funny survey.

Once we have received all the prototypes, we will go through them internally and then make a decision about who we'd like to invite to be part of the full project.

So, send me a document, with your contact details on, then I'll be in touch about payments. After this stage, then another member of the team will be picking up the project directly.

Hope this is clear now and sorry for any misunderstanding.

I'll turn my survey into a word doc then. Does seem strange, but you're the boss.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th February 2017, 3:40 PM

I'll turn my survey into a word doc then. Does seem strange, but you're the boss.

Not everyone was going to have the knowledge / capability to do what you did Paul. I'm not looking for someone who can create an online survey - I'm looking for someone that can take the concept of market research and their questionnaires and make them funny.

Having everyone write a short survey / questionnaire levels the playingfield - also, it means you're not restricted to the Survey Monkey limit of 10 questions :-)

This has got to be one of the strangest notions I've ever seen...

Quote: beaky @ 9th February 2017, 5:40 PM

Because?

Quote: beaky @ 9th February 2017, 5:40 PM

It's another f**king world, mate.
And one we're best out of.
:)

Outside of Benny HIll and Fawlty Towers type of British Humor, all I can give you is the POV of the Trumpistas if you want to poke fun at Trump. Plenty of inspiration right now to go in that direction.

Quote: ArticulateMadness @ 12th February 2017, 8:33 AM

Outside of Benny HIll and Fawlty Towers type of British Humor, all I can give you is the POV of the Trumpistas if you want to poke fun at Trump. Plenty of inspiration right now to go in that direction.

You're right, Trump is very relevant, but I'm hoping that it's short lived, or god help the world....