Marty Feldman

Well it doesn't seem like there's a thread devoted specifically to him.

I missed "It's Marty Feldman" tonight but saw the documentary. Fascinating programme and it seems like he became too obsessed with becoming a star in the US. Some brilliant stuff though and undoubtedly a great comedy writer.

I love Marty Feldman, he was brilliant in Young Frankenstein. When Gene Wilder asks him where he got the monster's brrain from 'Abbey Someone....Abbey Normal'. Makes me giggle everytime.

No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."

AND

Inga: Werewolf!
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Werewolf?
Igor: There.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What?
Igor: There, wolf. There, castle.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Why are you talking that way?
Igor: I thought you wanted to.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, I don't want to.
Igor: (shrugs) Suit yourself. I'm easy.

Amazing. :D

I didn't know he had his own sketch show in America! I may be wrong, but I don't think even the Pythons had that (though they made guest appearances on other people's shows).

The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine wasn't quite the glamour of "his own sketch show in America", but a co-production made here. And no, the Pythons neither had a co-production nor an exclusively American series.

I love this -

The Bishop of No Fixed Abode - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcx_IaI8BY :)

LOVE Marty Feldman. I remember watching The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine on TV as a teen, Opening/closing credits done by Python's Terry Gilliam, hated that it was just a summer replacement programme. I've been searching to get the complete run for my collection for years!

Quote: Dice @ July 14 2013, 7:54 PM BST

LOVE Marty Feldman. I remember watching The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine on TV as a teen, Opening/closing credits done by Python's Terry Gilliam, hated that it was just a summer replacement programme. I've been searching to get the complete run for my collection for years!

Astonishingly, it DOES still all exist.

Paging Network DVD...

What year was this show, is it pre-Python?

Quote: youngian @ July 14 2013, 10:26 PM BST

What year was this show, is it pre-Python?

It was 1971/72. On IMDB they try and say it was pre-Python, but I was watching Python when I was in grammar school, so that's incorrect. Maybe it was pre-Python in the sense that TMFCM was on Network television while Python was on Public access television.

It's Marty (Series 1) ran from April to June 1968.
Retitled Marty, Series 2 ran from December into January 1969. Both BBC2.

Moving to ATV, The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine ran from October 1971 into January 1972 - a single 14 episode series.

Monty Python's Flying Circus broadcast from October 1969 to December 1974.

Feldman was a genius, his funny he never married sketch still remains one of my all time favourites.

Here in the Northeast US, Monty Python aired on PBS Channel 13 and TMFCM aired on WABC Channel 7 in New York.

Marty Feldman is one of my all time favourite comics, and it annoys me that there is so little material available largely because the stupid Beeb wiped so many recordings.