Newsjack 2017 Page 4

Is everyone getting auto-replies then? On the Newsjack website it says we're not meant to get them. (I've received nothing myself)

I got one at 11.58 when I submitted some one liners.

Has anyone else had problem with the formatting on the template?

I'm using a Macbook.

Quote: Will Cam @ 31st January 2017, 4:17 PM

I got one at 11.58 when I submitted some one liners.

Has anyone else had problem with the formatting on the template?

I'm using a Macbook.

Yes. On my PC the numbering was frustrating. The numeral 2 on Breaking News disappeared on pressing "enter" and when I re-typed it the format went a bit wonky. In the Number Crunching when I tried to type a second line the numeral "1" appeared again next to what was supposed to be the tag line. Numerals 2 and 3 also duplicted themselves. Very frustrating. Ended up deleting them and submitted one Number Cruncher. To be honest I find them harder to create than the ViewsJacks.

I got the new e mail
It just says "Wow! these are going straight in"

Quote: Blinkered @ 31st January 2017, 6:39 PM

Yes. On my PC the numbering was frustrating. The numeral 2 on Breaking News disappeared on pressing "enter" and when I re-typed it the format went a bit wonky. In the Number Crunching when I tried to type a second line the numeral "1" appeared again next to what was supposed to be the tag line. Numerals 2 and 3 also duplicted themselves. Very frustrating. Ended up deleting them and submitted one Number Cruncher. To be honest I find them harder to create than the ViewsJacks.

Sounds similar to my formatting issues. I will try on my other laptop (windows) later.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 31st January 2017, 6:40 PM

I got the new e mail
It just says "Wow! these are going straight in"

:DWave hello Steve.......... or SS as you are better known...

I submitted one Trump sketch, one May sketch, and three oneliners + one numbercrunch.
My auto-reply yesterday was immediate; the one today took over an hour.
But I think that as long as you don't get an 'undeliverable' reply, then everything's okay.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 31st January 2017, 6:40 PM

I got the new e mail
It just says "Wow! these are going straight in the bin"

Aww, don't be so hard on yourself Steve.

I had a problem with the 'hanging indent' on the new sketch templates, since they didn't hang after the first line. Maybe they're not supposed to, but I didn't like it, so I cut and pasted the new red textbox into the old template.

I actually submitted a couple of sketches this week, for a change. Get me.

Quote: Nogget @ 31st January 2017, 9:01 PM

I had a problem with the 'hanging indent' on the new sketch templates, since they didn't hang after the first line. Maybe they're not supposed to, but I didn't like it, so I cut and pasted the new red textbox into the old template.

I actually submitted a couple of sketches this week, for a change. Get me.

That is exactly the formatting issue I had Nogget. Because I left it to the last minute I gave up on trying to correct it and just sent it skew-whiff and apologised in my email.

Good luck with those sketches. I only sent one-liners as I just couldn't convert the ideas I'd had into full sketches.

Quote: Will Cam @ 31st January 2017, 7:10 PM

:DWave hello Steve.......... or SS as you are better known...

That's very cruel, you know he Trumps everyone else...

Is anyone going to the recording tonight?

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st February 2017, 6:26 PM

Is anyone going to the recording tonight?

And would anyone be brilliant enough to tell us the sketches and oneliners they remember from it?

J x

Bad e mail.

I'm in!!

First time I have made it and the grin on my face is ridiculous!

Got the nearly email. Was for a sketch as I didn't send any oneliners in. Going to almost congratulate myself.

Here is the list of writers for this week: https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/episodes/16/2/

(This has come from the production team who are still in the edit suite, so it may still be subject to change)

I recognise some names on there as BCG people. Well done to everyone who got in! If you didn't, don't be disheartened, every week there's different names, so keep trying.