Room 101 - Series 5

Frank on form again last night with Claudia Winkleman (didn't like skiing - see below), John Humphrys (said Frank's team was West Ham United, which went down well with Frank) and Russell Kane (very good too), and he showed this photo of a man who had got trapped upside down on a ski-lift, which had caught all the bottom half of his clothing so he was dangling there with all his wedding tackle exposed to the freezing conditions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0725khk/room-101-series-5-episode-6

So Frank said he had been hanging there for 15 minutes and his private parts got so cold they started to operate as wind chimes Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud just creased me up.

I think the show is great but I did like the previous format of topic specific choices at 10 minutes per round as opposed to the new format of two 15 minute rounds of random choices.

It's great either way to be honest.

It's been mediocre as always, they should go back to the more personal 1 on 1 format.

I haven't seen Russell Kane on anything in a while. Surprisingly he didn't annoy me as much as he usually does. It must be the hair.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ 27th February 2016, 2:29 AM GMT

It's been mediocre as always, they should go back to the more personal 1 on 1 format.

I haven't seen Russell Kane on anything in a while. Surprisingly he didn't annoy me as much as he usually does. It must be the hair.

Yes, I too prefer the original and for me this is only watchable because of Frank. Liked the old style physical items put in Room 101 etc.etc. - this new graphic style is naff.
And yes, never been a big fan of Kane, but he was very good on this last prog.

Frank with the original format would be great!

Not so good this week, but with two people I have never heard of and Robert Peston it isn't surprising I suppose; but Frank tried to do his best to lighten things.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2016, 3:44 PM GMT

Not so good this week, but with two people I have never heard of and Robert Peston it isn't surprising I suppose; but Frank tried to do his best to lighten things.

I beg to differ, I thought last night's show was a huge improvement on the recent somewhat moribund guests. At least the three interacted with one another - some weeks it's as dull as dishwater.

As much as I love Frank Skinner's sharp wit, maybe this show should be cancelled after this series? When you consider that it's been running on and off since the 90s, maybe it's time to seal the door of Room 101 forever?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th March 2016, 3:54 PM GMT

I beg to differ, I thought last night's show was a huge improvement on the recent somewhat moribund guests. At least the three interacted with one another - some weeks it's as dull as dishwater.

As much as I love Frank Skinner's sharp wit, maybe this show should be cancelled after this series? When you consider that it's been running on and off since the 90s, maybe it's time to seal the door of Room 101 forever?

Two............ :O :O

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th March 2016, 3:54 PM GMT

Put Room 101 into Room 101? Sounds like a David Lynchian paradox.

Regardless of guest Frank Skinner always makes this programme worth while. In his early days, I use to frequent a Birmingham club he compered. I've never seen anyone as effortless at ease bantering with the audience. Hence why Fantasy Football was the perfect vehicle for him. He's one of the greats in my book. He could do 101 with members of the audience, he just needs someone/anyone to bounce off. Here's hoping he keeps off the sauce.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 4th March 2016, 7:01 PM GMT

Regardless of guest Frank Skinner always makes this programme worth while. In his early days, I use to frequent a Birmingham club he compered. I've never seen anyone as effortless at ease bantering with the audience. Hence why Fantasy Football was the perfect vehicle for him. He's one of the greats in my book. He could do 101 with members of the audience, he just needs someone/anyone to bounce off. Here's hoping he keeps off the sauce.

The impression I get is that he is well past that now, although he has mentioned it a couple of times on TV that I know of, which could be a bit worrying if it is on his mind (maybe) all the time.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 4th March 2016, 7:01 PM GMT

You're right, that's why I appreciate his Saturday morning show on Absolute Radio so much. Although I'm no Football fan, I enjoyed 'Unplanned' and his repartee with David Baddiel and the audience is second to none.

He's definitely keeping off the sauce these days, but never forgets his 'central reservation' years!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2016, 8:26 PM GMT

The impression I get is that he is well past that now, although he has mentioned it a couple of times on TV that I know of, which could be a bit worrying if it is on his mind (maybe) all the time.

He seems to be sober these days. His renewed Catholic faith appears to keep him grounded.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th March 2016, 4:38 PM GMT

Put Room 101 into Room 101? Sounds like a David Lynchian paradox.

Now, *that's* an idea. It's certainly preferable to 'Boxing Helena II'.

Going to report the BBC to the Trade Description Dept. - it says this coming week it has comedian Russell Howard on the panel.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th March 2016, 4:18 PM GMT

Going to report the BBC to the Trade Description Dept. - it says this coming week it has comedian Russell Howard on the panel.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th March 2016, 6:45 PM GMT

No, you f**k off you useless unfunny twank.

I do like this version of the show but I also like the original format, not preferring one over the other.
I would like to see repeats of either Nick Hancock or Paul Merton chairing it.