Chase and Sanderson Knights Comedy Sketch

Hi all!

We're looking for a platform to share our new comedy sketches with like-minded people. Please have a look at this and enjoy!
We have new content every Thursday. Please let us know if you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-cxNsgx8w

All best,
Ian (Sanderson)

Hi Ian,

Thought the comic acting was good in it. The comedy felt very natural between you both, good chemistry going on. Maybe the sketch dragged on a little long though. You could of taken what you thought were the best lines and cut it down slightly. Of course just one man's opinion. Over all pretty good stuff, defiantly potential there.

Good luck with the rest of it.

Very good, very confidently delivered. Nice acting and well written. I think the length worked.

Set yourselves quite a high standard...

Thank you so much for your responses! Very useful to hear and we're delighted to have people engaging with our work. More content to come and a long road ahead, but your comments have been gratefully received!

I thought it was excellent - a great double act.

Excellent! Very good script and well acted.

Hi,

Just watched the other sketch about making it to the last boss. (BOSS SKETCH) I didn't feel this one was as strong, but that being said I was still entertained . There's defiantly something about you both that is compelling. Interested to see what others thought about it that commented on the first sketch.

cheers.

Thanks for the responses everyone! It really is wonderful to have people provide feedback. It is certainly all taken on board. This Thursday sees Danny and I taking a plunge into the silly side of political satire. Link below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MVkYGIH6i4

Not so funny for me, but a great idea that has potential for development .

Hello Ian,

I liked this one (Border Con Troll sketch) more than last weeks. The line his farther was an air steward made me laugh. Also liked the woman trying to creep down the river not trying to pay the toll. The pacing was good, at no time was I bored. Maybe the lines weren't quite as good as the knight sketch but still overall good.

A few points on last weeks Boss Sketch. Maybe if the boss had been a boss from a video game (Literally) and the other the hero in the interview situation. You possibly could of got more comedy lines out of that. ie things like a CV with what games he had starred in, how he always fails to save the princess, how nobody purchase the games he stars in, power bars over their heads that deplete as they trade insults.

Just thoughts that came into my head while watching. One man's opinion.

The thing to remember with a sketch is one persons going to love it, another not so much but in 3-5 mins another one is on the way. In other words humour is subjective possibly more than any other art form.

Good luck with next weeks.

Thanks both for the comments! Kealy, I very much enjoyed reading your suggestions for the boss sketch. There is definitely a lot of scope for the sketch to take that sort of direction. It's got me thinking how we could make a Bowser costume.

It's great to hear which one liners worked best. I was quite proud of the air steward bit so it's lovely to get some positive feedback :) as we've been posting over the weeks we've focussed on keeping our comedy style diverse so it's good to hear what hits and what misses with different people. We've just filmed our next batch and have stepped into the realms of green screen with all its trials and tribulations, so watch this space for more!

In the meantime, we present our latest sketch: Up There

https://youtu.be/FAF-fDbQc20

Hello Ian,

Still watching and enjoying each week. I have some suggestions wondering if you've ever thought about trying to do what you do in a live environment. Maybe you should set up a twitter page for your comedy (Own Website). I've noticed that your both into video games, maybe a video game channel on YouTube mixed with comedy. Gaming channels get tones of views. Maybe contact other like-minded YouTubers that get lots of views ask to do some comedy for them (Sketches). (Some thinking outside of the box to get your comedy out there)

I assume that at some point your going to try and get your stuff in front of production company' I know that C4 Blaps takes comedy sketches it usually opens around the end of the year. Also check Amazon studios, I think they also take sketches. Also BBC Writers room.

Very few if any production company's take unsolicited material directly. I would look for producers (Other people involved) of your favourite shows and see if you can contact them by email. Maybe go along to events where people in the industry are likely to hang out tell them what your trying to do and give them your card.

On that actual comedy maybe you could use some of the characters you've both created and have them as recurring characters in other sketches, people love that sort of stuff.

And last when you put new material on YouTube, I'd make a separate post each week in this forum with link just to remind people.

cheers.