Comedy Radio Drama

Hi guys, need some opinions for my college Media course. I plan to create a sitcom radio drama based around a family with two parents and three children. What would you expect to hear? what narrative would you expect? would you listen to it?

I am not sure what you mean by a 'sitcom radio drama'. Sitcom and drama are different genres. Did you mean a comedy drama i.e. a dramatic plot with comic execution; or did you mean a situation comedy, i.e. an intrinsically comedic plot.

Personally when I listen to radio comedy I expect to hear amusing dialogue that is consistent with character and arises seamlessly out of the plot elements. i.e. good comedy writing.

I have no expectations of narrative other than to be surprised and delighted.

Whether I would listen to it would depend on whether it was any good.

I personally would be put off by the premise as for me it has been done to death. That is, if it were a family with comedy surrounding their normal everyday lives. It could be funny but it is not the sort of thing I would be entertained by unless it was absolutely brilliant.

Of course, if one or more of the children (or a parent) were an axe murderer or something then that'd do it.