BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 13

Quote: Splodge @ 16th January 2017, 10:30 AM

I'm going to ignore the 21 points left on my bench, pretend the Benik Afobe "experiment" was a good idea and say that I had a good game week.

JEEZ!!! Alonso 21 and on your bench as you say. Effin' hell and there was me getting all bitter and twisted re Kane as Triple Captain - think I would be on my second bottle of scotch by now.

Quote: SSTT @ 14th January 2017, 11:19 PM

the Beat-Alls have split up

Still in with a good chance, but playing out of habit rather than fun. Fantasy Scout has killed the game.

So glad I switched to Sanchez as captain instead of Kane at 11:28am. So glad! :(

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 16th January 2017, 4:35 PM

So glad I switched to Sanchez as captain instead of Kane at 11:28am. So glad! :(

Tell me about it.................. Angry

Outplayed Gerry this week and he still ended up with 4 more points than me. A good illustration of the nature of this game. You can play well but it won't always translate into rank. Too many dice rolls.

Quote: Splodge @ 16th January 2017, 10:30 AM

I'm going to ignore the 21 points left on my bench, pretend the Benik Afobe "experiment" was a good idea and say that I had a good game week.

You had a very good game week, you're now 2 points behind me.

I've got no time for people moaning about their bench. You benched Alonso because you didn't think he would play. Neither did I, which makes his insane points haul even more annoying.

As for Afobe, I was there a few weeks back with Wilson. The points come from all over with Bournemouth, which is why I opted for Aké who's good at both scoring and preventing goals. Shame you blue shitbags have recalled him and killed him as a fantasy asset.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 16th January 2017, 4:35 PM

I expected it of Gerry as he had no Spurs but you've got Erikson, who was the logical captain choice in your team. You wouldn't have put the armband on Kane, that would have made no sense the way he'd been playing - although you have Rondon, so maybe you might...;)

Quote: don rushmore @ 16th January 2017, 2:01 PM

Still in with a good chance, but playing out of habit rather than fun. Fantasy Scout has killed the game.

You are in with a good chance. You've lost your place to three people who've just played their wildcard. You've still got yours. (As have I and Gerry) and you have a good team.

I hesitate to mention the 'rules' especially in a thread that quotes Don, but the accepted stance is that you aren't allowed to be a member of 'cheat' sites like Fantasy Football Scout. I'm not alleging anyone is, although I know Gerry likes to use a lot of online resources.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th January 2017, 4:22 AM

Tell me about it
I only checked the table today. I had no idea I was doing quite that badly

Just goes to show that even if you are a genius at the game
If you don't bother looking at who's playing or what;s going on it can be detrimental to your chances

You used that 'no idea' comment a few weeks back. :D

You actually fielded a decent team this week. I wouldn't worry - a lot of people have benefitted from some freak results (Kane Hat trick, a supposedly rested defender scoring 21). You can still come back. Please don't give up Steve.

(I assume) Steve has lost interest, to some degree, because the thread is full of idiots and trolls.

You, Godot that is, should set up a basic forum elsewhere, minus the idiots, and run it. 3 rules. No pics. FF chat only. And anyone who doesn't post for 2 months, without good reason, is kicked out. I'd join.

Clean slate, no bad blood, start afresh. Or are we tied to the BCG forever?

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th January 2017, 2:26 AM

(I assume) Steve has lost interest, to some degree, because the thread is full of idiots and trolls.

You, Godot that is, should set up a basic forum elsewhere, minus the idiots, and run it. 3 rules. No pics. FF chat only. And anyone who doesn't post for 2 months, without good reason, is kicked out. I'd join.

I presume you include yourself in the "full of idiots" as how long do you think a forum that consists of just you and Godot will last(for that's all that will sign up to it) before animosity and/or boredom sets in. Laughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th January 2017, 5:14 PM

I expected it of Gerry as he had no Spurs but you've got Erikson, who was the logical captain choice in your team. You wouldn't have put the armband on Kane, that would have made no sense the way he'd been playing - although you have Rondon, so maybe you might...;)

Ssh... Rondon is my secret weapon. Although, he needs to be let in on that secret please.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th January 2017, 5:24 PM

the accepted stance is that you aren't allowed to be a member of 'cheat' sites like Fantasy Football Scout. I'm not alleging anyone is, although I know Gerry likes to use a lot of online resources.

As you probably know, there's even a daily FPL show. Are people here watching it, taking notes, being influenced? I should coco.

I really don't see the problem some of you have with Fantasy Football Scouts/Pundits, call them what you will, it is still only one person's opinion and invariably it will be wrong because as we all know there is a certain amount of lottery involved. For example.........................

Football pools prediction gurus started up from virtually the first day (some of you old farts like me might remember the most famous one - Horace Batchelor........."that's Keynsham spelt K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M !" on Radio Luxembourg) and he was only successful because, of course, out of the 1000s of perms he sent out, one of them would come up.

Look at Kane's hat trick and Alonso's 21 points last week................who would have predicted that.

I used to read the Scout but found that wanting and all the info you need is under the Player Selection on the Transfer page where you get a flavour of who ALL the FPL players are buying or selling, and as far as I am concerned, that is all you need.

I can't be f**ked with it anymore. Got rid of Llorente last night. He's just scored 2 goals.

Stick a fork in me, I'm Don.

Looks like everyone has binned Firmino too. Excellent :)

Ha ha ha - avoided Pedro for weeks as he was a rotation risk with Willian. Suffered with Hazard while Gerry hoovered up the points. Finally crack and bought him after he started every game and now he's benched. Couldn't make it up.

Quote: don rushmore @ 21st January 2017, 1:45 PM

I can't be f**ked with it anymore. Got rid of Llorente last night. He's just scored 2 goals.

Stick a fork in me, I'm Don.

When you bought Llorente I shook my head. The guy's 35 or something. Although he scored two off the bench I thought he'll never start. But he did and has scored - what - four since then? Unlucky.

Also funny how I wouldn't consider him because of his age and I've captained Ibra.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th January 2017, 2:26 AM

I don't think many people would join Don. In many ways it's never been busy. Shaggy, Dan and Ross have never posted much. Steve's been the best probably. The change of format of the forum hasn't helped. Plus don't forget we all hate each other.