No Offence Page 2

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th June 2015, 12:33 AM BST

I thought 'No Offence' was going to be good but I soon switched off when I heard the unnatural dialogue.

Woefully unfunny as a comedy and thoroughly unconvincing as a drama.

Couldn't disagree more Rood Eye. Must see TV in our house. I actually thought the dialogue was one of it's strong points.

Already looking forward to the next series.

Talking of unnatural dialogue, caught The Interceptor last night...

It was pretty good, glad to see it recommissioned.

Loved the fact that it has three female leads, but isn't being weird, gimmicky or self-congratulatory about it, as many shows tend to be.

I have to complain about the identity of the killer though (not spoiling just in case). Not only has this particular twist been "done" many times before (and seemingly more and more often), but it's also one of the cheapest sources of melodrama in modern fiction. The way they dealt with it afterwards also felt a bit like a mixed bag.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th June 2015, 12:33 AM BST

Woefully unfunny as a comedy and thoroughly unconvincing as a drama.

That ^

The 'twist' of the murderer's identity was about the only laughable thing in it. The final scene left me saying 'Yer what?'

This was an excellent series!

The new series is off to a promising start. Paul Ritter does get the best lines. He's so much better than that Friday Night Dinner rubbish.

Loooved it. There were some slightly boring bits about the gangs in the middle, but enough AMAZING other bits to outweigh them. I do kind prefer the scenes with just the cops in to be honest. They definitely get all the best lines.

When Paul Ritter walks down the stairs very near the start and says it's a "big fat wanking bomb with bells on" I knew it was going to be funny. I really hope that it tops last year's series and pushes it forward a bit more. But at the same time I don't really want No Offence to have any more than 3 series in the long run. Just look at Shameless, I loved it at the start then it went on well past its peak. Big up Manchester.

So happy to see this back. All the girls on top form and Ritter must love playing his character - I loved it when he asked if they knew what speed the head would leave the body, then said "f**k I used to know this stuff". Perfect dialogue for me.

Not at all sure about the rival gangs - that all feels like a well trodden path. But loved the bizarre crematorium stuff.

Oh yes! It should have felt like the crematorium bloke was overacting, but somehow his over the topness totally worked.

I even love the building they work at. That huge old bathroom is gorgeous.

This is must see TV for me too. I only came across the series at the start of series 2 last week and was instantly hooked, so much so that I went straight on demand and ended up watching the whole of the first series in just three days.

Excellent series filled with excellent scripts and acting all round. Scanlan as DI Deering is a joy to watch - she surely must win an award for her role in this. She's excellent as is Elaine Classidy as Dinah and Alexandra Roach as Joy. In fact the whole cast are brilliant.

I hope there is more series to come, I will certainly be purchasing the series 1-2 box set next month.

Quote: playfull @ 5th January 2017, 10:48 PM

Not at all sure about the rival gangs - that all feels like a well trodden path. But loved the bizarre crematorium stuff.

I thought gang violence made a rather refreshing change from serial killers. My resolution for 2017 is not to watch anymore dramas about serial killers. Not even Danish ones.