Not Going Out - Series 8 Page 3

It's unclear at the moment. The BBC are presently billing it as 6 episodes, but yes 8 recording dates took place. Whether the BBC are listing the show incorrectly or whether they're, as you suggest, specials, remains to be seen.

I watched it on Thursday, it was OK, but nothing hugely different. I think I agree with Aaron that maybe it should have been retitled as a sequel to NGO? I'll probably tune in next week though as I've got precious little else to occupy my time.

I love the first episode of the new series, but it has to be said, the second was even better. Absolutely nailed it and they used the kids just about enough so they were there, but not enough to be come another Outnumbered. I still miss Tim and Katy (and Barbara/Miranda) but it brilliant with Hugh.

I was at the recording of "Babysitter" and it was a shame that Lucy (Sally) had to be bleeped when it was broadcast, it seemed so much funnier in the studio with her actually swearing.

Another good episode.

Re Me

Does Lee know what his wife is getting up to with Kris Marshall?

Another decent episode this week, I still don't think it's quite as good as the first five series but it's still a good watchable sitcom.

Yes it was a nicely written bottle episode, funny stuff
Didn't One Foot in the Grave do a whole car episode once?

They did indeed. Stuck in a stationary traffic jam, IIRC.

I still love Not Going Out and Sally Bretton in particular seems to be the standout in each episode (though I do have some problems with how her character now seems to just always be shouting at Lee, hopefully some more tender moments will occur). And the kids. I'm not saying that kids in sitcoms are a bad thing (OK, they are unless it's Outnumbered) but they need to be given more individual personality, not just one note gags.

Have to say I'm loving the new series.. OK, the kids aren't the most natural of actors, but there have been far worse on other TV shows so I can live with that. Recently got the DVD set of Series 1 to 7 and binge watched it a bit. (Well OK I mostly skipped Series 1.) Watching it that way you can definitely see the natural evolution of the Lee/Lucy relationship and the 7 year jump works well for me (there's only so many nappy jokes!). I think the bickering spark between them works great as a married couple with kids in the episodes so far. Looking forward to rest of series.

Last night's episode was excellent - probably IMO the best of this series so far. Emma Bunton and Susie Dent were good guest stars too.

Still prefer first five series though with Tim - those are classics!

The Emma Bunton thing was incredibly dated. It could have worked in 1997, but not twenty years later. Oddly, they seemed to refer to The Spice Girls in the present tense, as though they were still together. They should have asked Ellie Goulding or, at the very least, Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Maybe they did!

I haven't watched many of these but the Pointless one was my favourite.

Another excellent episode last night I thought. Can't believe Anna didn't choose Sean Bean as one of her fantasy men though!! ???? And didn't realise at first that the dentist was played by Robin of Sherwood (the better one, not the son of 007 one).Think next week's episode may not be so good as it's more centred around the son. But should be enjoyable nonetheless.