Outnumbered Christmas Special 2016

Oh dear. I thought that the whole point of comedy was that it was supposed to be funny?

Made me laugh in some parts and enjoyed the non funny bits as well. Will probably rewatch in a year or three if it ever makes it to Australian tv

I liked the remembering Trump bits. Very accurate.

It was funny in a very different way to the original series, but I did still enjoy it. Not laugh-out-loud throughout but some very nice touches and pay-offs. And it was filmed near me. Pub also seen in Carry On Dick and Genevieve.

Quote: Aaron @ 27th December 2016, 11:33 AM

And it was filmed near me. Pub also seen in Carry On Dick and Genevieve.

Ahhhhh :D...........it's quite simple Aaron - screen grab from the films and Google Street View OR as it is local your own photos. ;)

We look forward to the then and now photies!

I wondered, during watching Drop The Dead Donkey what kind of sense of humour Hamilton and Jenkin had. It's improved, slightly.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th December 2016, 3:42 PM

I wondered, during watching Drop The Dead Donkey what kind of sense of humour Hamilton and Jenkin had. It's improved, slightly.

I prefer DTDD, although it's terribly dated now. I just thought that Outnumbered just didn't cut the mustard any more.

Lovely cringey humour!

I thought it was rubbish. I can write much better comedy

As Aaron says the show has had to move on from its original premise but Hamilton and Jenkin remain among the most reliable comedy writers in the business. One of the highlights of the Christmas Schedule.