General, General Thread Page 2,754

Quote: reds @ 30th December 2016, 8:53 PM

Have been laughing at the Fosters ads on channel 4 but heard someone in the pub order it tonight - so I guess it must work.

Isn't that all you lot drink down there? You don't have any decent beer. Best I've had in that part of the world is Tui.

I don't think I have ever heard someone order it in a pub at home. I have maybe once seen some buy it in a bottle shop

Quote: Chappers @ 31st December 2016, 6:01 PM

Isn't that all you lot drink down there? You don't have any decent beer. Best I've had in that part of the world is Tui.

You don't half talk a load of Castlemaine, Chappers.

If you turn the dial in the fridge up to a higher number, are you turning the 'coldness' colder, or are you turning the temp higher (ie warmer)?

I think it'll be colder.

Quote: zooo @ 13th January 2017, 11:19 PM

If you turn the dial in the fridge up to a higher number, are you turning the 'coldness' colder, or are you turning the temp higher (ie warmer)?

All the fridges I've seen have an arrow indicating <-Colder and Warmer->.

I wish mine did!

I shall take your word for it, Keewik. (And blame you if it's wrong, naturally.)

Quote: zooo @ 13th January 2017, 11:42 PM

I wish mine did!

I shall take your word for it, Keewik. (And blame you if it's wrong, naturally.)

You won't be fit to blame me - you'll be suffering from food poisoning.:)

Harsh!

It is rather confusing, I don't know why you can't just select the temperature?

Can you Google your type of fridge to find out?

The higher the number, the colder the temperature. It is usually recommended to set the dial at around the halfway point (ie if the dial goes from 1 to 7 then set it at 3.5 or 4). If it is set too high you may get a build up of ice, in which case turn down low to get rid of it. If you need it excessively high permanently, the fridge may not be working as it should.

Mine goes from 0 - 5. It just had more stuff in it than usual and my milk suddenly didn't feel very cold. So I turned it up and then had existential angst that I'd made it even warmer somehow.

Quote: reds @ 14th January 2017, 8:51 AM

Can you Google your type of fridge to find out?

Ooh, good idea!

Quote: DaButt @ 13th January 2017, 11:29 PM

All the fridges I've seen have an arrow indicating <-Colder and Warmer->.

That's so that it makes it simpler for Americans.

Naughty Chappers! :O