The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 6

Sad news. RIP Rick. :(

Obviously 2016 has been the worst year since 1939 but the good news is that Daddy Christmas has arrived.

Well, he's in the skies on his sledge because I have just seen him. :)

Yes, RIP Rick...............I wonder what he thought when David Bowie died at the beginning of the year.....................things like that go through your head when you're old. :(

Just watched the obits on BBC 1 - amazing how many have died this year when you add in the ones that don't make big headlines.

George Michael has had his Last Christmas :O

Unbelievable.

It makes me glad to be a nonentity...

Quote: Will Cam @ 25th December 2016, 11:11 PM

George Michael has had his Last Christmas :O

Taken to the edge of heaven

RIP George

What the f**k?!!! What's going on here...? This is surreal.
RIP George Michael. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th December 2016, 7:21 AM

What the f**k?!!! What's going on here...? This is surreal.

Brexit.

There won't be anything left of this country soon.

http://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-aide-wilbur-ross-use-brexit-to-steal-uk-trade-10707632

Very sad news.

RIP GM indeed.

All that music, all that talent for it to end this way, so sad, RIP George.

RIP George. Yes he was quite good but not the superstar they're making him out to be.

(Not speaking ill of the dead but neither am I hypocritically going overboard about how wonderful he was.)

I agree Chappers.

His music (ok, he didn't release an awful lot since 1990) was mostly tasteful but boring after his first solo album, either unimaginative dance songs or sugary ballads but I think he was a nice bloke...with lots of personal problems, but still a decent chap.
I remember the sketch for Comic Relief he's done with James Corden a few years ago, that showed he didn't take himself all too seriously.
His music wasn't always my cup of tea (although he did have his moments) but I will miss him nonetheless, he was always part of the pop scene since my early teenage days and that's when music started to matter to me.

It seems he gave masses of money to charities and also individuals with problems. That makes him a cut above many arsehole celebrities, politicians, and royals, I.e, others with a lot more money.

Yes but he was not in Bowie or Prince's creativity league.