Stand Up schools in UK? (a spaniard female comedian)

Hi there,

Could you please help me? I've found some really good workshops in Brighton, but they are sold out :-( so sad as I was super excited to join...
I'm really interested in attending a long Stand Up course in UK, but as I have to move there for a while it has to be one that it's worth the effort (otherwise I would do it here in Madrid). Which is the best town to do so? And with whom?

I've been doing on and off clown and sketch performances since 2003, and I'm a freelance copy writer... But had just done 3 stand up gigs, and even if they worked surprisingly well, I feel I need to really learn how is supposed to be done and prepare myself better.

Thanks in advance!

There are some well established course in Liverpool and Manchester (just google it). Also some very active improvisation groups (for practice). Salford University (South Manchester) has a good name with Media courses, and the BBC has offices there. Not too many Spanish restaurants in the area though. London no doubt will have a lot on, but outside London, Salford probably is the next best (and much cheaper to live). Hope that helps.

Thanks so much!
I'm going nuts to find the RIGHT one, worth the hassle to move there, not sold out and running anytime between end of Jan to begining of May... I'm checking Salford, with not too much luck..

Feel like pointing out any school that you know already in any city?

These guys do the lot, run venues as well as courses. They have some famous graduates.

http://www.laughinghorsecomedy.co.uk

Click the comedy courses tab. There are other companies offering the same. Good luck.

How about Brighton? Lots of Spaniards there, plus a good comedy scene - the Komedia's very good.

Quite rebellious people in Brighton, I hear?

Courses tend to be a waste of money. You only learn by doing.

(Chuckles)

Well I suppose quite a lot of the course is "doing"? Not sure.