George & Mildred Page 7

I love the episode where George gets thrown out of the house and sleeps in the caravan.

Quote: george roper @ 5th November 2013, 1:37 AM GMT

I love the episode where George gets thrown out of the house and sleeps in the caravan.

That's brilliant, that one. :D

I'm currently watching series three...got the Box set for Christmas, loving it so far. But why the hell did they change the theme tune for series three. I liked the other one.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 19th January 2014, 9:50 PM GMT

So, put us out our misery, what is the storyline with the caravan?

I remember that one: George buys a crappy caravan, the neighbours are annoyed by it and decide to buy it off the Ropers and scrap it, the Ropers have fight so that George sleeps in the caravan not knowing that the guys from the scrapyard are going to fetch it in the morning, George awakes and escapes just before the caravan gets squashed.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 20th January 2014, 8:34 AM GMT

Scrappers taking any old metal just for a bit of money? Wouldn't happen nowadays...

How about rag-and-bone men?

Having demolished Man About The House on Demand I am now nearly at the end of series 2 of George and Mildred. The writing holds up really well and I had forgotten how good a comedic actor Brian Murphy is.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th December 2016, 11:07 AM

................how good a comedic actor Brian Murphy is.

Excellent.

I'm still enjoying this but now into the last series which is a bit sad. I would love to see George in a care home now causing mayhem.

Just watching the last episode. I'll have to find something else to binge watch.

:(

Half way through the first disc, so don't want any spoilers thank you !

Oddly enough, I was talking about this sitcom this afternoon with our Spanish builders, who asked if I knew it. Apparently it was shown in Spain and was very popular! It was called Los Roper here.

Very popular everywhere! Suck an hysterically funny show. I wish there were more. You're in for a treat if you've really not seen it, Hercules.

I sort of enjoyed it but I always thought that Brian Murphy was a useless actor.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th January 2017, 11:28 PM

I sort of enjoyed it but I always thought that Brian Murphy was a useless actor.

:O

Get. out.

Oh I have seen it before Aaron thank you, but not sure if I have seen all the episodes which I am savouring now. So far remember the ones I have seen and it still remains very, very funny with Brian Murphy the perfectly feckless whasname.

Ignore Chappers with his "controversial" hand grenades he likes to throw in...............sad really - just smile as it keeps him happy.