Skit comp/critique

I note that Critique in general and the Skit comp that Michael is 'show runner' on in particular do not appear under 'active threads' unless you are signed in. This means that casual visitors might not be aware of them. Might it not encourage 'guests' to engage with the site if these appeared to them in 'active threads'?

I think I asked something similar a couple of years ago, but cannot remember the reason why this is so.

I believe it is because those threads are not considered to be of interest to the average user/majority of users and as such they would 'clog up' the Active Threads board...

Either that or it is due to an on-going feud between Michael Monkhouse and the editors over a woman.

I like your 2nd reason Frankie.

I think the idea of having the 'Make It' section slightly detached might have made sense when it was busy but now i think it would add interest for and show some much needed activity to any visitors if included in active threads. If it became vibrant and over busy it could always be dispatched back to the dark abyss.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 5th December 2016, 12:26 PM

Either that or it is due to an on-going feud between Michael Monkhouse and the editors over a woman.

Laughing out loud

Quote: playfull @ 5th December 2016, 10:42 AM

I note that Critique in general and the Skit comp that Michael is 'show runner' on in particular do not appear under 'active threads' unless you are signed in. This means that casual visitors might not be aware of them. Might it not encourage 'guests' to engage with the site if these appeared to them in 'active threads'?

I believe it is because those threads are not considered to be of interest to the average user/majority of users and as such they would 'clog up' the Active Threads board...

Thanks for the thoughts.

We introduced this functionality about 5 or so years ago on the request of many casual visitors who are not writer/producer types (they form a silent majority of those browsing). This was thought to be a good solution that worked for both sets of people.

We believe/hope that all people that are interested in writing are still finding the Make It forums... not just via the main menu, but also the Make It area and Make It newsletters, in which we link to them.

Quote: playfull @ 5th December 2016, 12:50 PM

I think the idea of having the 'Make It' section slightly detached might have made sense when it was busy but now i think it would add interest for and show some much needed activity to any visitors if included in active threads. If it became vibrant and over busy it could always be dispatched back to the dark abyss.

We're continually evolving (new functionality coming up for Critique later today!) so will continue to monitor, but my person view is lots of critique threads flooding active threads might still put off those who are here just to talk about the shows they're a fan of.

I don't think we'll ever get back to the heady days of six or seven years ago in terms of how busy the forums are... after all, Twitter, Instagram etc all exist now, but hopefully this message board will still remain fairly active and not go the way of internet chat rooms (do they even exist any more?!?)

I've told him before... I'm the only one allowed to write to Rachel off of Countdown :)

That is disrespectful. To Mel C.
Thanks for the interest. The skit comp is a lot of fun and it'd be good to be more 'present' as it gets people generating ideas in a supportive environment.