Walliams & Friend - Series 1 Page 3

Gossiping like a couple of old grannies about someone's weight is just uncalled for.

I agree, Sheridan needs another sitcom vehicle. (Preferably not with Walliams though.)

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2016, 12:43 PM

Gossiping like a couple of old grannies about someone's weight is just uncalled for.

I agree, Sheridan needs another sitcom vehicle. (Preferably not with Walliams though.)

We were both expressing concern. Sheridan Smith is a national treasure. She's been there for much of my life and I have a lot of good-will for her.

Concern about her looks, maybe, because she might have dared become slightly less shaggable to you.

But I'm sure you do also care about her personally, since you're clearly a fan, and if it was concern about that, I think it could have been MUCH better worded, especially by you. And in my opinion that discussion really still doesn't have any place on a public thread about a TV show!

But there we are. Let's talk about the show instead. I'm sure we can all agree we should concentrate on her performance, and not just her face or body.

I thought there was some promising chemistry between Sheridan and Morgana Robinson in the park bench sketch which made that sketch one of the better ones last night, though it needed trimming - as did pretty much all of them.

Ooh yes. I love Morgana. That would be a great combo.

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2016, 1:38 PM

Ooh yes. I love Morgana. That would be a great combo.

Let's pitch it to the networks! :)

:D

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2016, 1:14 PM

Concern about her looks, maybe, because she might have dared become slightly less shaggable to you.

But I'm sure you do also care about her personally, since you're clearly a fan, and if it was concern about that, I think it could have been MUCH better worded, especially by you. And in my opinion that discussion really still doesn't have any place on a public thread about a TV show!

But there we are. Let's talk about the show instead. I'm sure we can all agree we should concentrate on her performance, and not just her face or body.

Yes, you're probably right, but I didn't know if my impression was correct or if she just was made up that way. I certainly didn't mean to indicate it was a weight issue, as that would be tactless, particularly as I know she is sensitive to press scrutiny.

I've never considered how 'shaggable' she is. She's been in things since I was ten years old and now I'm 27 and like many others have seen her go from a supporting actress in sitcoms to a Doctor Who companion to an award-winning West End star and recipient of an OBE. It's great that a working class actor can have such success when the industry is so skewed to privately educated people these days.

As for the show itself, it seems to be relying on the same sketches, but then Little Britain could be guilty of that too. Maybe another special would have been a better idea as a one hour edition would have no such padding.

Many's the time I respect your opinion but I think you are over-reacting here zooo and not giving me or Dave any credit for a concern that was, for me, no more than if she didn't look very well.

:(

Watching the Sheridan one now but it was the most lame so far.

The Sid and Barbara was a bit too Finbarr Saunders and the Jane McDonald pisstake was a bit unnecessary. Why have a go at her now? It's not very topical.

Overall the sketches outstayed their welcome. I enjoyed the Sheridan/Morgana "Back in the deee" but it just went on too long.

Ohh, dear!

First time watching this last night and well I wouldn't call it sharp, I'm a fan of David Walliams but the audition sketch for example was too long and just not very funny. To me, it's because we're not bought into the characters like we would have been on say Little Britain or Come Fly With Me, the same sketch might be funny coming from the likes of Margery Daw or Andy et al. Why doesn't he ask non commissioned writers to have a go?? I see the likes of this on TV and think how many good unknown writers could easily do, dare I say, a better job.

I like sketches, and while this is a bit hit and miss, it is pretty much the only show doing sketches right now, so a big thumbs up from me.

Quote: Tursiops @ 17th December 2016, 1:12 PM

I like sketches, and while this is a bit hit and miss, it is pretty much the only show doing sketches right now, so a big thumbs up from me.

So you like it because its the only sketch show on?
Can't believe 2.6 million people watch this rubbish.

Sketch shows - except for The Fast Show- always seem to be very hit and miss and there are enough hits for me.