What are you watching on TV? Page 2,096

Quote: Ronald S @ 28th November 2016, 2:09 PM

I have watched 7 or 8 episodes of Westworld and I am no wiser. Are they turning human? How does it make a profit? (2 guests and 100's of robots and staff) I would have thought the story would be pulling threads together by now.

It was mentioned that a visit to the park costs $40,000 per day. I'm sure there are dozens or hundreds of visitors on site at a time, but we're only following a few of them.

The story is pulling together more quickly now. Remember, it's an American-style show with 10 episodes per year and it'll likely run for several years, so the story will be more drawn out than a typical 6-episode British show that runs for 2 or 3 years.

Planet Earth 2. A plague of locusts upon your house, anyone? I know a guy called Moses who can oblige...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2016, 3:18 PM

The Good Old Days, on tonight BBC4 8.00pm, which I always record so that I can shoot through the singing and bloody awful Leonard Sachs as they have some great comedians/comedy actors on when they were at their prime and did some great material.

Of the recent ones, we have had Barry Cryer, Ken Dodd, Bernard Cribbins, John Inman and some very good routines from the likes of Sheila Steafel (superb!!) and a surprisingly good funny stage act from Patricia Hayes.

Well worth a look................at high speed f/f of course!

I often watch this with my mum as it takes her back.

Quote: Ronald S @ 28th November 2016, 2:09 PM

I have watched 7 or 8 episodes of Westworld and I am no wiser. Are they turning human? How does it make a profit? (2 guests and 100's of robots and staff) I would have thought the story would be pulling threads together by now.

The 1970s film was fantastic. So original. Try and watch that instead.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 28th November 2016, 6:34 PM

Planet Earth 2. A plague of locusts upon your house, anyone? I know a guy called Moses who can oblige...

It's those flamingos that make me smile - I see the Beeb is using it/them as a filler now.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th November 2016, 9:41 AM

It's those flamingos that make me smile - I see the Beeb is using it/them as a filler now.

Shouldn't the RSPCA be contacted?

Quote: reds @ 28th November 2016, 11:25 AM

Humans series 2. Just can't get into this series like the last.

Bloody hell, the main reason I didn't bother with series 2 was because Will Tudor wasn't in it.
Now I find out he returned and has been in it for weeks!

To 4 OD I go...

Documentaries on Gandhi and Castro - and Almost Naked Animals.

Is one of the voices on Almost Naked Animals the voice of one of the actresses in The Big Bang Theory?

The one with two teeth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3TDE-d5TWw

Not sure.....but a guy who seems to be a cross between santa and jack sparrow is the host. And some contestants are trying to 'shoot' various Christmas dinner items into buckets held by other people.....

Are you watching Celebrity Juice?

Possibly. It finished as I was writing and didn't catch what it was. Also.....does e4 only show The Big Bang Theory these days? I've only been here one week but everytime I have the channel on it is showing and when it's not they seem to be advertising it.

Quote: reds @ 11th December 2016, 12:37 AM

Possibly. It finished as I was writing and didn't catch what it was. Also.....does e4 only show The Big Bang Theory these days? I've only been here one week but everytime I have the channel on it is showing and when it's not they seem to be advertising it.

Yep, there seems to be no pattern to when TBBT is shown. apart from I have noticed any new series always starts on E4.
You've got to remember reds, you are a mere viewer and come way down the scale when schedulers plan programmes as it is for their convenience...............not yours - bloomin' cheek. :D

Quote: reds @ 11th December 2016, 12:37 AM

It is pretty much on all day!
Along with the interminably bad How I Met Your Mother.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th December 2016, 9:24 AM

Yep, there seems to be no pattern to when TBBT is shown. apart from I have noticed any new series always starts on E4.
You've got to remember reds, you are a mere viewer and come way down the scale when schedulers plan programmes as it is for their convenience...............not yours - bloomin' cheek. :D

Just checked and according to my TV guide there is a new series (already!?) starting on E4 this coming Wed. at 8.30...................pm of course.

Lucky I like it. In Aus it airs on two different channels- both of which have digital ones. It's not ucommon for two or three episodes to be airing at once or close together. Makes pleased that we didn't have digital when two and a half men was around.

Black Adder II on Yesterday.