General, General Thread Page 2,753

Quote: zooo @ 3rd December 2016, 6:44 PM

There's a very bright planet under the moon right now. Venus maybe? It looks kind of orangey.

Is that the first time you've seen it? It's been there a long time.

Shut it, you.
It was very bright, and no other stars were visible!

Stellarium is an excellent open source (free) program for displaying the night sky on your computer and identifying the planets etc.

Highly recommended.

http://www.stellarium.org/en_GB/

Thanks for that Bill - great! :)

With that program you can even stand on Saturn and see the rings above you like a gigantic rainbow.

Oh, cool Bill. Thanks!

Quote: billwill @ 5th December 2016, 10:35 AM

With that program you can even stand on Saturn and see the rings above you like a gigantic rainbow.

Can I see the ring of Uranus? Rolling eyes

Someone had to say it.

I've joined an OFAH fan group on Facebook a few weeks ago. The people there are mostly nice and funny. BUT: No so sod cares about orthography and punctuation and that really annoys me. Aaron has completely brainwashed me. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th December 2016, 8:13 PM

I've joined an OFAH fan group on Facebook a few weeks ago. The people there are mostly nice and funny. BUT: No so sod cares about orthography and punctuation and that really annoys me. Aaron has completely brainwashed me. :D

And a good thing too.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 5th December 2016, 9:17 PM

Someone had to say it.

*snigger*

I think I'm the last poster on the top 5 threads at this present time
I feel somewhat Herculean

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th December 2016, 10:53 PM

I think I'm the last poster on the top 5 threads at this present time
I feel somewhat Herculean

Hercu-Lean: Mr. Grytpype-Thynne's new weight loss program.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th December 2016, 4:00 AM

Hercu-Lean: Mr. Grytpype-Thynne's new weight loss program.

Yes friends, I want to tell you most sincerely. I was so impressed with this weight loss programme, I bought the company - so if you want to lose 10lb. of ugly fat in 24 hours send £49.99 loose change in a plain brown envelope to Behind the second radiator, Gent's toilet, St. Pancras Railway Station.

Money back not guaranteed

Have been laughing at the Fosters ads on channel 4 but heard someone in the pub order it tonight - so I guess it must work.