Whack-O!

I see 3 more thought lost progs. have been found, bringing the total to 7 of what was thought to be originally 60 aired; BUT what I would like to know is when and if these 7 surviving gems will be made available on DVD for the general public to purchase?

I believe there is reason to hope. I can say no more.

(Jim's Better Self was really good. I'd love to see all the others.)

Hmmm, and that is what has always grieved me a bit, at the end of the day we all paid for those progs. and should have a right to see them on the box or at least online. If I had any rare recordings I would question about them disappearing into the BFI vault never to be seen again.

Jim's Better Self? You need to run that one by my Aaron please as I no not of what you speak.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2016, 3:17 PM

Hmmm, and that is what has always grieved me a bit, at the end of the day we all paid for those progs. and should have a right to see them on the box or at least online. If I had any rare recordings I would question about them disappearing into the BFI vault never to be seen again.

I agree on the broader point, but ultimately they need restoration and archiving, which costs.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2016, 3:17 PM

Jim's Better Self? You need to run that one by my Aaron please as I no not of what you speak.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2351/missing_whacko_episodes_found/

(know*)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2016, 12:20 PM

I see 3 more thought lost progs. have been found, bringing the total to 7 of what was thought to be originally 60 aired; BUT what I would like to know is when and if these 7 surviving gems will be made available on DVD for the general public to purchase?

7 episodes isn't really enough for a DVD is it?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th December 2016, 11:07 PM

7 episodes isn't really enough for a DVD is it?

Given the average sitcom series is 6 episodes - yes, more than enough.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th December 2016, 4:35 PM

I agree on the broader point, but ultimately they need restoration and archiving, which costs.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2351/missing_whacko_episodes_found/

(know*)

Ahh, see it now. Was half asleep yesterday and thought you were talking about a JE sitcom of that title. I have one in my archive somewhere but the title you mention doesn't ring a bell - I think it was something to do with a football coupon?
Clearly I will have to dig it out at some point.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th December 2016, 11:57 PM

Given the average sitcom series is 6 episodes - yes, more than enough.

But only 7 out of 60 isn't much is it.

I do remember it although I seem to remember repeats. Maybe there are more around.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th December 2016, 7:26 PM

But only 7 out of 60 isn't much is it.

No, but if that's all that exists, I'm certainly not going to object to a DVD containing only those.

I see that it went on until 1972. Maybe it was those later ones I remember.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th December 2016, 9:52 AM

Ahh, see it now. Was half asleep yesterday and thought you were talking about a JE sitcom of that title. I have one in my archive somewhere but the title you mention doesn't ring a bell - I think it was something to do with a football coupon?
Clearly I will have to dig it out at some point.

The pools win is on Youtube.
Pettigrew wins a load of cash and Jim shows him how to spend it.
:)

Quote: wigwam willy @ 8th December 2016, 7:51 PM

The pools win is on Youtube.
Pettigrew wins a load of cash and Jim shows him how to spend it.
:)

Ahhh, yes thank you willy, that will save me having to wade through loads of DVDs.

The plot sounds like Jim and I used to love the Pettigrew character. Laughing out loud

It had a strong S&M element, didn't it?

I quickly leap to defend the fact that no canes were ever harmed in this show.

Jim would not have allowed it.

Blimey I'd forgotten all about this seems yonks since I've seen it.
Went on till 1972 I hadn't remembered it being still on then. I did like it but can't remember much about it.