Favourite Father Ted episode Page 5

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2016, 8:42 PM GMT

Does anyone know what the theme tune to Father Ted is called?

Songs of Love
By the Divine Comedy

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th January 2016, 2:42 AM GMT

Songs of Love
By the Divine Comedy

Thank you Steve Sunshine. :)

Re-reading this thread has made me want to get my FT boxset out again and bore my immediate family senseless with endless quotes.

Wave Favourite episode: Competition Time from Series 1

--> Hi all! I am doing a thesis on Irish stereotypes in Comedy, and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to answer a very short questionnaire!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CW2GMCN

:P Thanks

All Father Ted episodes are great - but my faves if I had to choose would probably be Competion Time, Are You Right There Father Ted and Entertaining Father Stone.

"Chairman mao, leader of the world's biggest communist party , and in my view the best."

All classics - the milk float one "he wants to put his big tool in my box", Dougal not realising that one of the women on the milk round was naked until right at the end of the episode "She was in the nip!"
The tea making machine, and kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse and how it was so audacious that the Bishop couldn't believe what had happened.........even on the plane home he was still trying to reconcile it in his mind.

So many, so very, very funny.

John and Mary O'Leary, the couple who own the shop on craggy island and are always trying to maim each other are brilliant characters ...

"Mary was just washing my hair father, she has such soft hands."

....for Father Ted.

Father Jack dies. Creasing up with laughter. I really don't remember seeing this having, I'm sure, watched every episode.

I know I'm repeating myself, but on reflection, I think it is this one that makes it for me :-

"Kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse and how it was so audacious the Bishop couldn't believe what had happened.........even on the plane home he was still trying to reconcile it in his mind."

Brilliant. :D

'Hell'

"But the ones out there are far away... faaar awayy.."

Trying to get some new jeans in George at ASDA the other day meant passing through the ladies unmentionables section.

It's Derby's largest lingerie section I understand.

Listening to Brian Eno being interviewed on "Chain Reaction" when they said he appeared on Father Ted - wha?

Anyway, he did apparently, but blink and you'll miss him.........................