A proposal for a Black Mirror chapter

First of all sorry for my English.

DEFOLIATING DAISIES

The society widely uses an ocular devices, whether in the form of glasses or contact lenses, that allows print the screen of your smartphone.
You also need a little box with the CPU, memory..., with a tactile input for ordering commands, but not the need of getting up the device in front of your face.

Suddenly, it appears an application that analyzing some biometrics is fully capable of say if the person that is in front of you feels attracted by you.
It's promoted as the best option for chatting someone up, avoiding frustrations and wasting time.
Fully free, but once installed, it never can't be disabled or uninstalled.

A person only can be analyzed once and the result is shown every time the person is in your visual field.
Only the first impression, no updates if the opinion of that person changes whith the time or when he/she meets you.
For legal reasons, it can't be used with people under legal age, family and clergy.

It becomes so popular that people that don't use the app don't have any option of beginning a new relation.

The app shakes every relation
- professional (e.g: "I don't like her, so I don't want to work with her", "I will promote her instead of the other based in the chance of having a relation")
- sexist violence ("Why are you talking with a men that you like her? are you trying to cheat me up?")
- everyone assumes that if you're married and you have the app is because you want to cheat your partner (It's accepted as cause of divorce and gainer of children custody)
- asexual people are practically margined to communities where there are only people with the same condition.

Though all of them serious scenarios, mass media and politics declare as marginal cases, justifying that those people would did the same actions even if they didn't use the app.
After a little time, there are few stable relations, where people are desperate for knowing a person.
People continuously have to change their jobs and residence looking for not yet classified people, but they had the same results again and again.

With the time the company that manage the app changes the policies, and when a match is detected shows ads about hotels near of your location, condoms, chocolate boxes, flowers, ....
If you want to avoid this ads, you have to buy any of the offered products; The more costly the more time with no ads.

This new policy is used as aggressive strategy, the subscribed business obligates their customers to using the app or they can't access to their discounts or even some services.

There is a girl promoting a car, the car company paid an elevated price to the app company for falsify the results for saying that each man that analyses the promoting girl give a positive result.
Models only are contracted if they have a great amount of "love me", as the companies known that this assure more sells.

This cheat is used as pressure for the companies, "or you paid or your product never will be sold; or paid more or your ads won't be shown enough; your competitors already paid"
This strategy is also used for blackmail politicians (if you don't support the app, all the people that analize you, will be marked as "you don't love them"),
companies that criticize a concrete party or politician are not mentioned in the app, so finally they just have to close their business.

A police officer is caught removing a fine to a driver because the app matched positively; Police and judges are discredited, and all the convictions and fines must be revoked.
The Church autoproclamates ("as they are free of sex sin") that they are the unique with capacity of judged justly the acts regardless of who is judged.

Finally The Church take over the govern and all the basic functions (economy, law, order, education,....)
Soon, the app behavior is replaced for making only 1 matching in your entire life, is reciprocal and never with people of the same sex

Whistling nnocently Icks-na. Ewy-scra Ewey-la

I can see where you're coming from but a lot is lost in the translation.

Both a dystopian and grammatical nightmare!

I started writing sorry for my English

I'm not writer and I do not pretend to be.

Quote: Will Cam @ 30th November 2016, 4:53 PM

Whistling nnocently Icks-na. Ewy-scra Ewey-la

????

Quote: Ernesto lobel @ 2nd December 2016, 10:24 AM

I started writing sorry for my English

I'm not writer and I do not pretend to be.

????

That's fine and understood. :)

But just to clarify, it is unlikely that your writing can be properly appreciated because of the translation (from Spanish?)

You might want to get help on that and re post.

Good luck with your writing! :)