Absent friends Page 161

So, so sorry, Da Butt. We expect our parents to go some day, though it can still be sad, but a son or a sibling is hard to bear.

So sorry, Dabutt. That's awful news.

Very sorry to hear of your loss DaButt.

Very sad news. I wish you and your family much strength for the next few weeks, DaButt.

Sorry for your loss, DaButt. Sending our love and best wishes.

Heartfelt condolences for the loss of your brother, DaButt. We're all thinking of you and your family.

Very sad to hear of your news. I didn't know your brother but i do know you a little via these boards so i will raise a glass (of a nice Islay single malt) to you both tonight.

Quote: beaky @ 23rd November 2016, 8:30 PM

Heartfelt condolences for the loss of your brother, DaButt. We're all thinking of you and your family.

Yes, wishing you all the best through this dark time.

So sorry to hear of this DaButt, you are having a very rough time of it at the moment what with one thing and another - my thoughts are with you.

My wife's younger sister died a few years back, on of all days my wife's birthday so that is a date she will never forget for sure; but as I have mentioned to you before, time heals so hang in their my friend.

Sorry to hear all this news. I hadn't read about it before. :(

Not that I would call him a friend as such, but does anyone know what has happened to sootyj, whose last post on Aug. 2nd last year was ironically on the oldrocker thread. :(

Or has summat gone by me and I didn't notice?

I just recently noticed he hadn't posted here in ages too.
He's still active on Facebook though!

Quote: zooo @ 7th January 2017, 12:38 PM

He's still active on Facebook though!

Very much so, along with the long-lost Renegade Carpark.

Good call on SootyJ

Maybe he & RCP will be back sometime this year
Although RCP is busy on Facebook waging a one man crusade against the loony left
We can easily get SootyJ back, get some new sketches in Crtique or bump up some of his old ones

I've just realised and noticed that his last post was August 2nd - the new and "improved" site was launched on August 3rd.

Coincidence? I think not and fear we may not see him again on here as has happened with a number of regulars who protested not (as I did) but simply felt the heart had been ripped out of BCG (love a bit of dramatic prose me :D ); but on a genuinely serious note I am sorry to say that I still think Mark and Aaron have made a mistake and I have mentioned this before but I notice that the Britmovie site is exactly the same (not too dissimilar to the old BCG site) as it was when I used to post to it on a regular basis and they seem to be happy with the way it is and have shown no desire to "move forward and improve it".