Putting new Python team together

Hi, having worked in radio and writing I am looking to put a team of sketch writers together in much the same tradition as Monty Python from the 1970's. Sketches needed will move away from satire, more stream of consciousness rather than the traditional comedy writing we see today. Think anything from the 'Four Candles' to Python work, and you will be in the right direction of work. If you think you may have this kind of talent, send us a short sketch as an example. You may be asked to join our team.

Once the team is assembled we're going to arrange a writing weekend get together to see what we can come up with. We may invite some comedy actors too, to act out your work. You may also like to perform yourselves.

We'll also need someone to manage this project. So if you have good organisational skills and would like to get involved i.e. helping communicate with writers, organising our writing weekend and more generally helping us get broadcast, let me know.

This is an exciting project if we get the 'write' talent. Submissions must be in by 1st September.

Remember to ask John Cleese why he quit Flying Circus.

And if seeking "broadcast" -- it's never been easier to go online. If it's good, they will come to you.

I hope you find a talented bunch of original writers.

Hi Stephen,
Just joined today - where do I send a submission?

May be closed down by the PC brigade? Remember Mrs N...baiter?

So far I've collected two Royal Pythons, an African Rock Python, and three Angolan Pythons
Please take them off my hands because one of them has already crushed one of my cousins to death

They are difficult to syphon.

Hi,

I have loads of sketches and put a python sketch group together 2 years ago. I've been asked to write for the BBC twice - once by the head of comedy who wrote, "Despite a doubtful Python parentage th pare work shows remarkable originality and zest, with a sadistic sense of humour like John Clesse," and concluded by asking me to write something for the Two Ronnies.

I appreciate it's past the 1st of September, but if you'd like to see some sketches please email me at johndonlon@hotmail.com
and I will send you some.

I am also doing stand up and have written a book of comedy short stories, a t.v. pilot (which the BBC previously asked me to turn into a 6 part series), a collection of sketches, and a piece of stand up sketch comedy.

If not, I did plan to form my own pythonesque sketch group quite soon - sto that was how I came across your advert. I don't know if we will be a good match - but I thought it may be well worth exploring.

I hope you have a good day!

Best wishes,

John Donlon

0785 4455 286

While satire is my life, I can think outside of the box awhile. Gets cold in there anyway since they cut off my heat.

Hi, I've just joined this site. The deadline is gone, but I would love to send you something. I have written for John Cleese in the past. www.deanwilkinson.net

Hi. Let me know if you are still accepting writers for the group and if so how to submit samples. Thanks.