Newsjack, Weekending or News Huddlines? Page 2

I remember Huddlines and Weekending with great affection, though I was naught but a youngling when they were on.

Newsjack has always baffled me. It seems to break all the rules of surprising the audience etc too little benefit.

Every now and then you hear a great skit and think, hmmm that was probably sent in and survived. Like the one sperm cell to hit the egg.

It seems that Weekending used to take people off the street. But then it's harder to walk in than to email someone (as you do for Newsjack).

Or The Now Show presumably?

Anyway, I believe of the four Week Ending was the one that stood out.

I presume you presume wrong? And you've written more posts than me-tut, tut...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th September 2015, 1:08 PM BST

I presume you presume wrong? And you've written more posts than me-tut, tut...

If you contribute to "Lets Play a Game" every day until Christmas you will catch me up.

"Now Show" is the same isn't it - and also TW3 - or what am I not fully understanding?

I think you need some evidence, HR. TW3 could well have people walk in from the streets. But for many of us Now Show is a nut we can't crack.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th September 2015, 4:08 PM BST

I think you need some evidence, HR. TW3 could well have people walk in from the streets. But for many of us Now Show is a nut we can't crack.

I'm not saying I like the programme.

I don't like it much. :)

I'm too young to remember Weekending and News Huddlines. Most of the material on Newsjack is pretty weak and The Now Show is tired. It was good once. Deadringers is back on form but it's a pity the runs are quite short while TNS and the News Quiz grind on and on. The best topical satire show of all time is South Park, by a country mile.

Still Haven't got over the utterly feeble !8ish Kumar saying there isn't any right wing comedy.. Wonder what he thinks PJ O Rourke Is doing...

Even sober it looks like I'm typing in boxing gloves.
Nish Kumar. Smugger than Brigstocke, Self-righteous sermonising dweeb.

Newsjack - I have enjoyed the 3 presenters I have heard and I saw Nish Kumar live last year and he was very funny so I will definitely be listening.

Quote: sootyj @ 16th June 2015, 3:46 PM BST

I remember Huddlines and Weekending with great affection, though I was naught but a youngling when they were on.

News Huddlines finished in 2001. Aren't you 41 now? That would you make you 27 when it finished.

Newsjack is rubbish.

Peopleperhour and Upwork freelancer Terry Newman wrote for Weekending.

Who said that Week Ending was so called because all the sketches had weak endings? Perhaps it was Jeremy Hardy?