Dave Gorman - Modern Life Is Goodish Page 3

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th October 2015, 1:19 PM GMT

There's a part of me that hopes Mr Gorman reads these forums and that I will one day post something stupid enough to be quoted in one of his found poems.

That's my goal too. I don't tend to comment on the 'bottom half on the Internet though.'

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th October 2015, 5:28 PM GMT

That's my goal too. I don't tend to comment on the 'bottom half on the Internet though.'

It's much like the top half but lower down. That's my comment on the lower half of the internet.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th October 2015, 8:08 PM GMT

It's much like the top half but lower down. That's my comment on the lower half of the internet.

What are your thoughts concerning The Daily Mail's 'Sidebar of Shame'? I often wonder how many slebs sporting bikinis can be of interest to the average female office worker whilst they munch away on a cheese and chutney bap during their lunchbreak?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th October 2015, 9:42 PM GMT

What are your thoughts concerning The Daily Mail's 'Sidebar of Shame'? I often wonder how many slebs sporting bikinis can be of interest to the average female office worker whilst they munch away on a cheese and chutney bap during their lunchbreak?

The only time I ever go to the Daily Mail website is if there's a link to something comedy related from this site. I can honestly say I never even read the headlines of the 'sidebar' stories.

My 30 minute lunchbreak consists of looking at BCG (of course), BBC News, IMDB and Cityonfire.com then maybe Amazon/Ebay if I have time to spare.

Hmmmmm, maybe this might make an interesting thread.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st October 2015, 12:26 AM GMT

The only time I ever go to the Daily Mail website is if there's a link to something comedy related from this site. I can honestly say I never even read the headlines of the 'sidebar' stories.

My 30 minute lunchbreak consists of looking at BCG (of course), BBC News, IMDB and Cityonfire.com then maybe Amazon/Ebay if I have time to spare.

Hmmmmm, maybe this might make an interesting thread.

I'd like to say that I'm the same, but when my friend L (not full name) visits she enjoys watching the E! Channel and using my broadband-connected devices to search out nuggets of information about various famous folk.

Lunch for me - food:Cheese and tomato sandwich thins x2; packet of Walkers crisps; apple. Entertainment: Wikipedia and Amazon reviews.

Back to Dave Gorman - his book Too Much Information he uses quite a lot of the same material as S2.

Quote: New Puritan @ 27th September 2013, 10:36 AM BST

Been watching this on Dave for the past few weeks and wondered what the reaction to this has been. I have a love/hate relationship with Dave Gorman, (loved "I'm Dave Gorman", hated everything else).

This new show is weird. It looks and feels like a comedy prog but the content is a strange mix of clips from the internet and other internet related stuff. I think Dave G has spent lots of time on what he wants to say, he seems to want the audience to agree with his view on the banality of modern life, and to some extent I appreciate his commitment. The problem for me is that after an initial, 'yeah, I noticed that too' response, his elaborations are tenuous and long winded with the 'punchline' being too vague/subtle/rubbish.

I will continue to watch for as long as I can stand it but so far Dave (the channel) has been a disappointment for new comedy shows.

I only watch Dave for Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish. Hilarious. I laughed my head off at the Powerball. I expect this to be included in the bottom half of the internet found poem now.

Quote: misfit @ 2nd November 2015, 7:00 PM GMT

I only watch Dave for Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish. Hilarious. I laughed my head off at the Powerball. I expect this to be included in the bottom half of the internet found poem now.

Ah, the Powerball/Smartie swap.

Hah, I forgot about that. I think he almost convinced me at one point.

The titles and set are a tad distracting as appear to miss the brief as too naive and juvenile - like he's walked onto a set where a school play is about to take place. But his material contains moments of observational genius and the way he relates back to and ties events together is unrivalled. I love that slightly evil streak he has as it deflects from his deliberate geek-in-a-check-shirt image.

Is refreshing when a comedian sticks to what they are good at without resorting to being gross and shocking as so many others do, but don't need to as they are funny enough without going over the line to even make grown men cringe (you know who you are, JC, LF etc).

Mr Gorman is back tonight on Dave, 22:00. I can (literally) hardly wait. I am a sadcase though, but this show is outstanding.

This Fiverr stuff is just too depressing for me.

I did do a search for this before I posted my now locked thread and nothing came up, which why I expressed the surprise at the beginning of mine.

I am finding the Search facility a bit hit and miss of late. For EG, it will not find anything if a mere hyphen is missed out of the title search. :(

If you just search one word it's easier. I just searched the word Goodish and both threads came up.

Oooo ahhh - just typed in Dave and both the threads came up. :)

Trying to be too helpful, that's always been a fault of mine. :D

I liked this but it was a bit slow paced.