Sketch Writing Competition - London Sketchfest Page 4

Hello all - got an email today, delighted to say we're through to the final!

Quote: chrisandbex @ 30th October 2016, 5:25 PM

Congratulations! We got the 'close but no banana' email. Good luck for the final next weekend! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 30th October 2016, 5:35 PM

Congratulations! We got the 'close but no banana' email. Good luck for the final next weekend! :)

Thank you!

Quote: chrisandbex @ 30th October 2016, 5:25 PM

Likewise! Will you be there on Saturday?

Quote: Eustace H Plimsoll @ 31st October 2016, 5:08 PM

Likewise! Will you be there on Saturday?

Congratulations and good luck! We're just waiting for the Tickets!

Quote: chrisandbex @ 31st October 2016, 7:29 PM

Congratulations and good luck! We're just waiting for the Tickets!

Great , I'll see you there - good luck to you both!

Meeting people is not a prize it's more a punishment.

Interesting winner for 2015 though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLaK8uZhLM6Y7fmQ7tEGFIRvlrHXZAso3j&v=oXAVTYp4xjs Although, face paint on mime artists was made abligitory following The Great mime war of 2011.

Just found out my sketch won this - woo, and indeed hoo!

As Otterfox said last year, the prize sounds great so looking forward to more details.

:D

Quote: Ponderer @ 7th November 2016, 2:53 PM

Just found out my sketch won this - woo, and indeed hoo!

As Otterfox said last year, the prize sounds great so looking forward to more details.

:D

Congratulations!

Thanks Chris and/or Bex.

Nice to finally get beyond the shortlist phase for once.

Yes, well done Ponderer, it was a nice idea and a very funny sketch!

Thanks Eustace (not the real name I assume unless I misread the list). I thought they did a good job with mine (my stuff is particularly wordy), and indeed all the sketches - a pretty good smattering of laughs all round and some jolly nice stuff. I was particularly impressed that they had learned them all - I only noticed 1 stumble in the show during the last sketch. Were you happy with yours?

Mine was the very first one , "Working From Home" - yeah I was pleased with how they did it, the performers did justice to all the sketches and I liked that they made each one distinct by changing their hair, costumes etc.

A good experience all round, though it would have been nicer to have won ;)

One of my favourites, if that's any help.

These things are always a bit of a lottery as its really a question of what the judges voting for what they like rather than any objective 'betterness'.

I can't think of a recent example of a bunch of people voting for something which exemplifies that lottery principle for some reason.:(