Companies/ Agencies accepting unsolicited scripts

Hello there!

I have just written a pilot for a sitcom that I am very proud of, & after 7 drafts I believe it is now ready to be sent out to Production Companies & Agencies for representation.

The frustrating thing is that nearly all Production Companies and Agencies don't accept unsolicited material. Which makes it very difficult for new talent to be found.

Does anyone know of any production companies or agencies that accepts unsolicited material.

Thanks

There are hardly any production companies who accept "unsolicited" scripts. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't get your script read by them. A little detective work on Google will uncover people who work in their script development departments. Once you get names, drop them an email with a brief blurb about your script. You never know. They might ask to read it.

Regarding agents, most of them accept submissions.

If all else fails you could submit it to the BBC writers room.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/send-a-script#heading-submission-windows

"Submission windows - There will be two Script Room windows in 2016. The Comedy Window will be in March (exact dates tba) with a Drama window in the autumn."

You can send your first ten pages to Sitcom Geeks (okay, they aren't a production company, but they are producers) http://sitcomgeek.blogspot.co.uk/p/first-ten-pages.html

Sadly there is no fast track.
Fact is most commisioning editors are very staid and wont take chances.
Also to submit anything it HAS to come from someone PACT registered and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Quote: Gary Wronecki @ 3rd November 2016, 11:26 AM

Also to submit anything it HAS to come from someone PACT registered and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Otherwise.
I am living proof.

What on earth is PACT?

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd November 2016, 12:12 PM

Otherwise.
I am living proof.

Me too.

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ 7th November 2016, 5:53 PM

What on earth is PACT?

It's the professional Organisation for Indie Producers.
And absolutely nothing to do with writers submitting work.
God knows why he bought it up.

Nothing to do with Warsaw then?

Hello .

I'm in the same situation as crayon. I have a sitcom finished and can only find one production company that takes unsolicited scripts. (Not including writers room) The other four or five I used to send to have stopped taking them. if anyone who's read my work in the critique section or anyone else for that matter who knows of any of the top of their heads please post. Same goes for competitions.

Thanks.

If we know a way in do you think we'll let the competition know?

I tell you what chappers. I'll tell you what I know.If you tell me what you know, of course naturally i'll let you post first.:)

Try sending some query letters here? http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/radio/articles/radio4

From the linked website...

"Radio 4 is a commissioner and broadcaster of programmes, not a production department, and we are therefore unable to accept unsolicited scripts or programme ideas."

In one sense, this is where Greg Wroneki is right (and probably what he was thinking of). Commissioners of programming are always out of bounds. They only talk to bona fide producers (who do have to registered). With the Beeb its WritersRoom(slush pile) , a production company/producer or nothing.