Rob Beckett's teeth will destroy us all

I've seen this tommy steele looking mother f**ker on a few different shows,
and did not think he was funny.
especially bad on alan davis as yet untitled.
has he done anything good?

He's always very good on 8/10 Cats does Countdown. Methinks mother f**ker is a bit strong.

Way back in early 2010, Rob Beckett appeared as a headliner at one of David Bussell's comedy nights. I saw a video of Rob's performance and was all "Wow! That guy's proper bloody funny", so wasn't surprised to see him get bigger and bigger.

David Bussell, for any newcomers to the forums, was once of this parish. And rather tall.

All hail the Bussell. That boy had it. Wish he would come back.

He's retired from the world of scripts and acting last time I spoke to him. Concentrating on books now.

Quote: Will Cam @ 1st November 2016, 8:18 AM

He's always very good on 8/10 Cats does Countdown. .

Presumably by very good you mean Entertaining - because he's f**king useless at Countdown.

:Dyes

Rob Beckett is a comedian I am still trying to understand if he's naturally funny, or scripted funny.

He's going down the usual path of being sold out to any panel show/entertainment show going - much like Josh Widdicombe has done these last few years.

His best work was the pilot episode that was shown at last year's Edinburgh festival 'Static' - which was bloody good for an audience filmed show.

But the question has to be asked...what the hell is he doing hosting that shite BBC singing show? It's so bloody transparent what his agent is doing here. Also, why on earth did the BBC choose a comedian to host this show? There has to be several other host/hostesses who are more qualified to host this kind of show.

Stick to comedy, Rob!! But ideally, the 'Static' show he wrote. I'd love to see more. I know British comedies have moved on from the canned laughter/live audience filming, but I'd still like to watch the occasional sitcom like this.

Not Going Out is very much a dying breed.

Like him because he's uncomplicated, is not a one trick pony and has no agenda. He can slip into various entertainment formats quite easily, unlike some modern comics which to struggle when they try to branch out to panel games, chat shows or acting.

He did a funny piece about all the people he gets told he looks like and Princess Diana was the best.

I think he's OK but that singing show just does not appeal. It's such a gimmicky thing.