Bridget Christie

Doesn't seem to be a thread on Bridget Christie anywhere.

I went to see her last night in Aldershot, where she did both her last two shows. Really, *really* excellent. Very funny.

What she does really well is always ends a serious point with a gag, which not enough comedians do, frankly, making sure the comedy comes first, rather than battering home her underlying opinion on the matter. Which, bizarrely, reminded me of Only Fools and Horses, as that managed serious stuff in the same sort of way.

Anyway, go see her. Really good shows, both of them and very funny, energetic on stage.

Dan

I think I've only seen her stand up on that Stewart Lee show. Very funny.

She has appeared in a podcast for some disreputables:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/dotherightthing/series3_3/

Her Award Winning Radio 4 Show 'Bridget Christie Minds The Gap' was innovative, entertaining and inspiring. She used to be a peripatetic entertainer apparently. 'Bic For Her' is supposed to be excellent too.

Bridget's A Book For Her is £1.99 on Kindle today only if anyone wants it:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Just read Book For Her - excellent. She manages to get serious points across in a non serious way. She was also excellent when I saw her earlier this year at the Leicester Square Theatre, hoping to go again next year

I've only just seen some of her material and have read a few extracts from the book. She's probably one of the only female comedians that I've really taken to in recent times. I'm actually going to start a thread as I'm interested to see what other female talent there is on the comedy circuit right now that people can recommend.

I've just watched Bridget Christie's Netflix special, Stand Up For Her.

I should point out for people unfamiliar with Bridget's shtick that the name of her show is not designed to remind men what they should do if they're sitting on a bus and a pregnant woman gets on and can't find a seat.

No, not at all: the words "for her" relate to the names of everyday products designed specifically for women.

You know the sort of thing I mean: there are products that have a version "for him" and another "for her".

With that sorted out, I can tell you that Bridget Christie is by far the funniest feminist comedian I've ever seen.

I won't go as far as to say she's the only funny feminist comedian ever seen because that might be construed as derogatory to all the feminist comedians who aren't funny. And we wouldn't want that, would we?

Moving along, Bridget's Netflix show is 50 minutes of mainly feminist propaganda but it's very funny, completely without anger or hatred or bitterness and it's also educational. It's a masterclass on how to get your message across and still have the non-snowflake men who turned up for the show still sitting there as you're saying goodbye - and being very glad indeed that they came to see you.

There are very few comedians in the world these days whom I can watch for more than 20 minutes before I lose interest - but Bridget is certainly an exception to that rule. I watched her for 50 minutes and I could easily have watched her for another 50.

She's great! Laughing out loud

"Hair is our leaves".

She's got a new series on Radio 4 at the moment. I really like the low key nature of it.