BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 7

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th October 2016, 5:24 PM

I need to pay more attention generally - once again my wildcard has done me no real good. My defence has been worth 32 points in total over the last three weeks whereas my pre-wildcard defence has made 83. That really is a significant difference. Admittedly I swapped out Van Dyke and Bellerin for the cost rather than because I didn't want them but I would still have done better not wildcarding and bringing in the players I wanted for points deductions as and when. I think the problem with a wildcard is it always persuades you to change most of your players rather than say five or six.

Totally agree, the wildcard is a poisoned chalice for that reason. Although, for once I needed that many changes but have missed out on big hauls from Ozil and Firmino since. Still a long way to go. It's amazing what a good or bad week can do this early on.

I also struggle with picking players I don't particularly want. Walcott being one. I know if I pick him he'll go to shit again or get injured. Costa will get sent-off, Lallana won't score again, and so on. Capooh has already returned to obscurity.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th October 2016, 5:24 PM

Nothing from Gerry? As clique leader I demand he gives a post match interview. He could speak of his long-term love of Walcott as a fantasy option, who's done the business for him this week. He also has obscene team value I notice.

Hiya Godot

Apologies for my woeful recent post-count, it's a result of my recent job-change. Unfortunately I can no longer spend my day sitting in front of a PC, furiously tinkering with my spreadsheets.

As a result, I'm just going with my old favourites such as Aguero, Benteke, Sanchez, Walcott and Baines/Coleman, and ignoring these new flash in the pans such as that big shit show-pony Ibrahimovic. I have been a bit lucky though, for instance I didn't even know that one of my keepers hasn't played for three weeks :)

I will try to post more as the season progresses, especially if one of you f**kers have the cheek to go above me in the table; although that scenario appears far-fetched.

By the way, has anyone seen the H2H league recently? Whistling nnocently *clutches at straws*

Christ almighty, both my transfers in this week injured before the games are over. One didn't play at all and one only did a half. Second week with a lower than average score and lost my second place to splodge, who's got some wicked differentials.

I thought I was playing fantasy football but in fact fantasy football was playing Godot Taxis.

Wide open league this year. HR the only manager dead and buried.

I've had a terrible start but have been a bit unlucky. 90 odd pts on the bench which is more than anyone else.

I'm only 55 pts off the lead though. Not too bad considering I played with 5 defenders for the first 7 GWs - a tactic that never works.

Still fancy my chances but we'll see what happens.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 24th October 2016, 2:56 PM

By the way, has anyone seen the H2H league recently? Whistling nnocently *clutches at straws*

I thought as much.

Looks like Aguero's one of the most transferred out players this week. I think his value's dropped too.

I just can't make the switch to Lukaku, and in Hazard I already have some Chelsea attacking presence in my squad, so I don't want to go for Costa too.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th October 2016, 4:45 PM

Christ almighty, both my transfers in this week injured before the games are over. One didn't play at all and one only did a half. Second week with a lower than average score and lost my second place to splodge, who's got some wicked differentials.

I thought I was playing fantasy football but in fact fantasy football was playing Godot Taxis.

I think I had a good wildcard this time round (although it cost me some Sanchez points initially), but in the last couple of seasons the wildcard pretty much put an end to any chance I had of challenging.

Playing catch-up down in the bottom half does weird things to your decision making, although personally, I will never regret my Phil Jones phase.

Got up about an hour ago (long story) to find my team quatrimated*.

KdB (calfy); Thierry Walcott (hammy); Marcus (knocky); Cathy (broken fingernail).

Now what am I supposed to do?

I need some good old anglo-saxon epithets to express my feelings. Where's Godot when I need him?

*decimated by four

Tried something different this week, captained Deeney instead of Sanchez or Aguero. 45 mins gone and it's bitten me on the arse already.

You know it's a crazy season when Tom Heaton and Joe Allen are the in-form players. *signs both*

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 24th October 2016, 2:56 PM

Yes
That league looks much better than the main one

No early kick off today

Is it an international break next week?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th November 2016, 1:20 PM

Is it an international break next week?

Unfortunately yes.

Bought Callum Wilson last night. He'll play no part in today's game. My run of bad luck continues.

Quote: don rushmore @ 5th November 2016, 3:16 PM

Bought Callum Wilson last night. He'll play no part in today's game. My run of bad luck continues.

You were too quick to hand the title to Gerry
What's that old phrase?
Choke like a Kipper, he'll be fifth by Christmas

All hail our new glorious leader Splodge!