Still Game Page 16

Love Still Game. But. It pains me to say that I didn't find this new one especially funny. I'd go so far as to say that if I was a new viewer with no character context, I would have turned off halfway through. I'll persevere next week, but if this is the benchmark...

An excellent start to the new series. Laughed hard throughout.

Enjoyed episode one. I had a couple of good belly laughs, seems to have picked up where it left off. I am now going to watch some of the Still Game box set, which, by the way, is a must.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed but maybe it'll improve.

I live near Glasgow so get the humour on the programme and all the patter on the show. Generally I find the show to be a bit meh, it's amusing but not particularly funny.

Having said that I watched last week's episode and although a bit predictable with the jokes being telegraphed it was pretty funny, more so than normal. A good start to the latest season.

We'll see what happens tonight, but most people I know were disappointed last week.

Still remains my all time favourite sitcom and these first two episodes of the new series has done nothing to change that.

Got my old man to watch this and he is very hard to please when it comes to sitcoms. He did not stop laughing.

I've loved the new series so far. Particularly episode 2 which had a couple of laugh-out-loud moments for me (Winston carrying the coffin, for example).

Tonight's was at last up to standard. Plenty of laughs.

Have been avoiding this since episode two as I just didn't find it funny. Last night's however, was a return to form, if only for Boabby's great reaction after tasting the cake. The dog stuff was funny as well.

Yes, it's getting better but think next week is the last.

I've never watched this show before until now. It's hilarious.

I was very pleased to have this back, after all these years.

Has anyone heard if they'll be doing a Christmas and/or Hogmanay special this year?

Quote: Andicus @ 2nd December 2016, 5:25 AM

I was very pleased to have this back, after all these years.

Has anyone heard if they'll be doing a Christmas and/or Hogmanay special this year?

No, the BBC will be showing the 70s party Hogmanay episode, according to a tweet by Greg Hemphill.

Still Game 2 starts its run today.
I'm going Wednesday Night.