What are you watching on TV? Page 2,094

I feel like he wants to steal Julie Walters, for sure.

I've actually missed half of it, but I'm trying to keep up.

Great to see Robbie Coltrane back in something, have missed him since the Cracker days!
Fantastic acting by all involved in this, particularly the actress playing his daughter whose part could easily have slipped into a cliche mucked up rebellious offspring of famous comedian etc but she's made it very watchable.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 4th October 2016, 7:03 PM

Great to see Robbie Coltrane back in something, have missed him since the Cracker days!
Fantastic acting by all involved in this, particularly the actress playing his daughter whose part could easily have slipped into a cliche mucked up rebellious offspring of famous comedian etc but she's made it very watchable.

She's great in the Brighton Rock remake - makes it quite moving.

Is that out on DVD?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 4th October 2016, 10:30 PM

Is that out on DVD?

Yup.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233192/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I rented it from my local library.

Great, wouldn't mind seeing that, thanks.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th October 2016, 6:48 PM

Great, wouldn't mind seeing that, thanks.

Cool. :D

I saw it a few years ago, and I think it's one of the better British films, though uneven. IMDB gives it 5.7 which seems a bit low - I'd give it 7. It's updated to the 1960s, and Pinkie dresses like a Mod and rides a scooter. Andrea Riseborough, as Rose, stood out for me.

It's adapted/directed by Rowan Joffé, whose dad directed The Killing Fields.

Clarence with Ronnie Barker

Love it!

Much better than I remembered

Anyone else watching The Missing? I'm hooked on the thing.

I am obsessed with The Blacklist, just the best TV series I have ever watched. And Gotham but only for the crazy blonde girl who acts dangerously mad brilliantly

Steptoe & Son on Drama.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th November 2016, 6:12 PM

Steptoe & Son on Drama.

That's my next box set to tackle - am alternating between Hancock, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and The Honeymooners at the moment.

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 5th November 2016, 8:08 AM

I am obsessed with The Blacklist, just the best TV series I have ever watched.

That's high praise; it's on Netflix, so I'll check it out after I'm caught up with my other shows. I'm so sick of American network TV that I've probably missed a few good ones. After the demise of Parks & Rec and The Office I lost interest, but I've been somewhat enjoying The Last Man on Earth.

Harry Potter And the Goblet Of Fire, despite the fact that I have it on DVD. Really must reread the books soon.

Michael McIntyre's Big Show..................I know he's like Marmite, but I happen to catch last night's (can't stand Murs or whatever his name is) but if someone doesn't sign up that fireman who sang at the end of the show.................
The man should be on the West End stage, which was always his dream apparently - fabulous voice!