Status report Page 5,943

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 27th September 2016, 6:27 PM

Vintage! You cheapskate, can't afford a new one for such an auspicious departure...... Angry

The dealer told me it's worth a fortune. Seemed very reputable.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th September 2016, 8:33 PM

Women with glasses! <3<3<3

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th September 2016, 8:41 PM

Maybe take your sunglasses off, mate!

Gordon I thought you might have learned your lesson after Danny La Rue and that embarrassing engagement party

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th September 2016, 8:41 PM

Yes - well!

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 27th September 2016, 10:24 PM

Gordon I thought you might have learned your lesson after Danny La Rue and that embarrassing engagement party

You seemed to be quite amused back then, you could have at least given me a hint. I'll never ask you to be my best man again.

Im ill, sore throat and headache. That's shit...on the other hand that gives me time to write some posts on this site. What about you others?
COME ON, WAKE UP YOU BASTARDS!!! Don't let this forum die!

Today I'll be preparing for a Thursday Night NFL Football happy hour at my neighbors' house. Lots of beer, buffalo wings, nachos and margaritas. But mostly I'll be glued to news reports as Hurricane Matthew hits the southeast coast of Florida. My parents live in a manufactured home half a mile from the Atlantic, so yesterday they evacuated to my brother's house, 150 miles away on the Gulf of Mexico coast. Current predictions put Matthew's eye about 10 miles off the coast with 145 MPH winds. Winds in my parents' city are expected to be 75-80 MPH sustained for 6-8 hours, with gusts up to 105 MPH.

If their home survives, they plan to return tomorrow. I think they're crazy, because the roads are likely to be blocked with debris, traffic signals won't be working and electricity is likely to be out for several days. At my age I can't imagine spending days cleaning up in the 95F/35C sun with 95% humidity, so I don't see how my parents will handle it at 80 years old. I'll try to talk some sense into them and convince them to remain at my brother's house. Maybe I should book a flight and try to help out. I guess we'll know in 24 hours or so...

You've got your work cut out over there.. here, this morning the wind would just about have ruffled my hair ..in the old days..

We didn't win any money in the Pub Quiz this week.

At least the pub wasn't blown away!

Mostly toothache and dentist

Another win on last night's Lottery - this time it has broken my record of winnings - an all time low of £2.30, and since the entry fee has increased to £2.50, I've still made a loss.

Lee felt and even saw his unborn baby kick for the first time today.

Quote: Lee @ 9th October 2016, 7:57 PM

Lee felt and even saw his unborn baby kick for the first time today.

How wonderful.