Just Good Friends Page 3

Please could someone tell me what Bananarama song is being played in Series 1 Episode 5?

This was a good show need to watch this classic again

Quote: tonecapone @ 8th January 2014, 1:54 PM

Please could someone tell me what Bananarama song is being played in Series 1 Episode 5?

Cannot hear any Bananarama in that episode, only record playing is when they leave the Pub / Club

Re Me

Vince' s mother was a treat. 'If any of you touch my car, I'll have your knackers for earrings'

I thought this was boring. I didn't really enjoy this got bored of it, found it really slow and the mother of Penny annoyed me. Just wasn't keen on it at all, which is a shame as I like John Sullivan writing OFAH. R I will give it another watch at some point in a few months to see if its better 2nd time around as that what I did with The Lovers, didn't like on the 1st watch, really enjoyed it on 2nd watch.

What can you not like about it with Jan Francis in it?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2021, 9:05 PM

What can you not like about it with Jan Francis in it?

Just found it boring, found it really slow, didn't enjoy it. Yes she's attractive, but there's more to a show than that.

Quote: Wheel @ 19th February 2021, 10:19 PM

Just found it boring, found it really slow, didn't enjoy it. Yes she's attractive, but there's more to a show than that.

Really? Do you mean Paul Nicholas's terrible acting? I'm sorry but just watching Jan made it worthwhile for me.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2021, 10:21 PM

Really? Do you mean Paul Nicholas's terrible acting? I'm sorry but just watching Jan made it worthwhile for me.

I don't know if it was Paul Nicholas's acting, it could have been I just found slow and not very interesting.

Being repeated on Drama weekdays at 6pm (or Drama +1 at 7pm). Followed by Hi-de-Hi on UK Gold. That's my evening sorted out until the football comes on. ?

It hasn't aged as well as John Sullivan's tour de force " Sitting Pretty "
But I remember loving it at the time , and the repeats I saw in recent years were still pretty funny

Caught this on the plus 1 channel after the tip off and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it stood up after 40 years. Of its time yes, but not as dated as I feared, although it did make me feel nostalgic for the days when people dressed up to go out and were courteous and civil. A few good lines in there and a very Sullivan ending, proper sitcom. Nicholas wasn't the greatest actor but otherwise looked the part. I shall be watching.

As much as I loved Jan Francis I won't go out of my way to watch it because I expect I'm more likely to agree with Steve than Alfred.

I liked that the ferocious german shepherd dog guarding the scrapyard was called Daphne.

I followed it avidly, in the day