Comedy Records Page 33

Stevie Faye with Bob Scott and Regency Kreem - Laugh-In:

Stanley Unwin - The World Of Stanley Unwin

Sue Townsend's Secret Record Of Adrian Mole:

Richard Digance - In Concert:

An incongruous cover of Tony Capstick's comedy classic making up the numbers on Top Of The Pops Volume 85:

Not strictly British, but a pre-Spinal Tap Christopher Guest and Tony Hendra sort of count. National Lampoon - That's Not Funny, That's Sick!

Again not comedy but just look at that style icon, Dodd the Mod, Ken Dodd - Now:

I've been after this Black Country classic for a while! Harry Harrison - Off The Cuff:

Some of her early hits and a great looking cover, Gracie Fields - Our Gracie:

Manchester based musical comedy act, Brownsville Banned - In Any Case:

At last, my Blaster Bates dynamite series is complete! Blaster Bates - Lift-Off! The Explosive Exploits Of Blaster Bates: Volume Five:

Blaster Bates - 'Gelly' Babe - The Explosive Exploits of Blaster Bates Volume Six:

Blaster Bates - Blastermind - Volume Seven:

Barry Evans pulling the birds, Spencer Davis Group, Traffic - Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush:

Sensible knitwear, Max Bygraves - Young In Heart 2:

Dermot Morgan - Do You Know Bono?:

Shower-Room Squad - Wicked Rugby Songs:

Victor Borge - Caught In The Act:

A dodgy Clive Dunn cover kicking off Top Of The Pops - Top Of The Pops Vol. 15:

Psychedelic Likely Lads classic, Rodney Bewes - Dear Mother Love Albert:

The Oldham Tinkers - For Old Time's Sake:

No Sellers, Blake Edwards or Mancini but plenty of Arkin, Ken Thorne - Inspector Clouseau:

Anyone For Denis?:

I can't recover my bloody password. Mutter grumble chunter. Anyway here are a few more records.

An American edition of a record that I have on UK 10 inch, Peter Sellers - The Best Of Sellers:

Tom Lehrer - That Was The Year That Was:

A gamble from a charity shop bin on the strength of the cover and the nonsense written on the back, it's sort of comedy country-ish, Snuffy Garrett - Listen To This:

No trip to Wales is complete without the purchase of a Max Boyce record, Max Boyce - In Touch With Max Boyce:

Fred Wedlock with Chris Newman - In Person Live:

Enjoyed finding this one! Freddie 'Parrotface' Davies - The Stories Of The Pied Piper & Snow White:

Equally no trip to Wales is complete without the purchase of an obscene rugby singalong album, The First XV - Rugger Ditties:

Noel Murphy - Murphy And The Bricks:

Jilted John - True Love:

Ivor Biggun - Bras On 45:

Ian 'Sludge' Lees - Viva England!

One I have been after for a while, Roy (Chubby) Brown - Common As Muck:

Leslie Crowther & Bernie Winters - The World I'd Like To See:

From her first West End show in 1954, Joyce Grenfell - Requests The Pleasure:

I'm always pleased to see a new comedy album released, so I picked up this double vinyl newbie from David Brent & Foregone Conclusion - Life On The Road:

And not a newbie, but thanks to Eric Idle and a marker pen the cover art is now a bespoke limited edition of one, Eric Idle and Neil Innes - The Rutland Weekend Television Song Book:

Possibly Don Estelle's last vinyl release from his eco-warrior phase, with some of the most excruciating and embittered lyrics ever committed to posterity Don Estelle ‎- Not So Much Waste:

Various ‎- Vintage Variety:

Terry Scott's only LP (with quite a bit of help from June), released only in South Africa for some reason, Terry Scott featuring June Whitfield ‎- Laugh In With Terry Scott:

Ted Chippington ‎- She Loves You (And You Know That Can't Be Bad):

Shelley Berman ‎- Let Me Tell You A Funny Story:

Norrie Paramor And His Orchestra ‎- The Magnificence Of Noel Coward:

New Faces winner and still going on the cruise ship circuit Nicky Martyn ‎- Laughter Show:

Them cheeky Geordie lasses! Various ‎- A Neet Wi' The Geordies At "Balmbra's Music Hall":

A German release of the music from the film adaptation, Tommy Reilly, James Moody ‎- The Navy Lark:

Larry Verne ‎- Mister Larry Verne:

Various ‎- Memories Of "Band Waggon", "Happidrome" And Other Great Wireless Comedy Shows:

Leila Webster ‎- Ulster Laugh-In:

Various ‎- Late Joys From The Players' Theatre, London:

12 inch of the film's theme, Precocious Brats Featuring Kevin & Perry ‎- Big Girl:

Jane Horrocks ‎- The Further Adventures Of Little Voice:

James Young ‎- It's Great To Be Young:

Roy Cowen And Iain Kerr ‎- You Do Have To Be Jewish:

Great rhetorical questions of our time, Derek Jameson ‎- Do They Mean Us:

Charlie Drake With The Michael Sammes Singers And Johnnie Spence And His Orchestra ‎- The Man In The Moon:

Allan Sherman ‎- The Best Of Allan Sherman:

Quote: Dame Agnes @ 21st September 2016, 12:25 PM

A gamble from a charity shop bin on the strength of the cover and the nonsense written on the back, it's sort of comedy country-ish, Snuffy Garrett - Listen To This:

An appealing cover. And not just an interesting name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_Garrett

Quote: Kenneth @ 21st September 2016, 1:06 PM

An appealing cover. And not just an interesting name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_Garrett

Not him unfortunately! This was a Northern stand-up comedian with a nice line in smut. I know very little about him other than he made this record and disappeared off into obscurity.

As a treat - here is a podcast of some comedy and novelty tracks that I have lovingly cobbled together for your delectation.

http://agnes-guano.podomatic.com/entry/2016-09-14T09_13_54-07_00

Quote: Dame Agnes @ 21st September 2016, 7:30 PM

Not him unfortunately! This was a Northern stand-up comedian with a nice line in smut. I know very little about him other than he made this record and disappeared off into obscurity.

I wonder if the same name was pure coincidence. Was it worth the purchase, beyond preserving the album for the posterity?

A quid from a Bangor charity shop, so I'll say yes.

That playlist is wonderful, apart from the Python (Terry Jones?) opening. The Carry On ones also great.

Quote: Kenneth @ 23rd September 2016, 6:10 PM

That playlist is wonderful, apart from the Python (Terry Jones?) opening. The Carry On ones also great.

Fixed my password - Yay!

Glad you liked it Kenneth. I will try and get another one posted up before too long.

Just to prove I haven't been hibernating over the winter, here are some more pretty pictures of British (and US) comedy records.

Victor Borge - Borge's Back:

Spike Jones And His City Slickers - I Went To Your Wedding:

Noel Murphy - Caught In The Act:

What the boy from the cover of 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' looks like now WILL SHOCK YOU! Various ?- Just For Laughs:

Joan Rivers - The Next To Last Joan Rivers Album:

In the words of Mickie Most, "the future looks extremely bright"... J.J. Stewart - From Obscurity To Oblivion:

The 1973 eponymous debut LP by Bonzos / Liverpool Scene / Scaffold supergroup Grimms ?- Grimms:

From the list of 'Gone in 2016', Frank Kelly ?- Let's Go With The Glen Abbey Show:

I got some suspicious looks buying these from a stall at Buxton Record Fair. It's a buyer's market out there for Cosby fans. Can't think why... Bill Cosby ?- More Of The Best Of Bill Cosby:

Bill Cosby ?- The Best Of Bill Cosby:

Rowan & Martin ?- Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In:

Children In Need charity single from 1987, Ray Moore - The Bog-Eyed Jog:

Norman Albert Braithwaite ?- Can't Finish Me Song...

Mort Sahl ?- At The Hungry I:

Manuel and Los Por Favors ?- O Cheryl:

Joyce Grenfell ?- George - Don't Do That

Hamish Imlach ?- The Hamish Imlach Sampler:

It's only January and I'm already stocking up on festive records, Freddie Davies ?- To Wish You A Merry Christmas:

Eddie Edwards ?- Fly Eddie Fly:

Edd The Duck ?- Awesome Dood:

Cannon & Ball ?- It's All In The Game:

Bette Midler ?- The Divine Miss M:

Anna Russell ?- Anna Russell's Guide To Concert Audiences:

Bill Cosby ?- Bill Cosby Is A Very Funny Fellow Right!:

Quote: Agnes Guano @ 1st February 2017, 4:24 PM

Just to prove I haven't been hibernating over the winter, here are some more pretty pictures of British (and US) comedy records.

Welcome back, you are in my Absent Friends list I just posted as we hadn't heard from you since the beginning of last October.

All these comedy albums you have been posting on here for awhile now......................is this your own collection? If so, WOW !!

Yes - all in the collection. I'm in need of a trip to IKEA for some new shelves...

Like I say............WOW! All my vinyl is in storage at the moment but when I get it all out again I will see what I have got in the way of comedy albums, and see if I can catch you out with one you haven't got. ;)

Can't remember them all now of course, but I can think of a 10" Goons song album, maybe a couple of Max Boyce, Jake Thackeray, You Don't Have to be Jewish, ISIRTA er.....................not as many as you have of course - nowhere near!!

Oh and Hancock and Goons of course.

I just bought "Strictly for Grown-Ups" by Paddy Roberts on 10" vinyl from a charity shop.

I remember my parents had the EP from this. Released in the late 1950s - I can't confirm this as it's playing now - lots of the subject matter still stands today.

Here is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbSEJ5v6zFQ

Very much Rambling Syd Rumpoe or one of the inspirations for Fascinating Aida.

Cool. Which comedy team was responsible for Monty Python's Flying Circus (album), Monty Python and the Holy Grail (album), Monty Python's Life of Brian (album), Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (album), Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief, The Instant Monty Python CD Collection, The Monty Python Instant Record Collection, Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album, Monty Python's Previous Record, Another Monty Python Record, The Ultimate Monty Python Rip Off, Monty Python Live at City Center, Monty Python Live at Drury Lane, Monty Python's Total Rubbish, Monty Python Sings and Eric Idle Sings Monty Python?