Newsjack 2016 Page 31

Hehe, they could be utter rubbish though! I'm desperate to get a sketch on instead of a oneliner this series!

J x

I have two tickets for tonight's recording. Please PM me if you'd like them.

Did anyone manage to get to the recording and could tell us some of the content?

5 oclock is so far away!

J x

I've had a bad one.

I've got the 'glass half-full' one too. Encouraging but you can't help but wish for that little bit more!

Anyone got better / similar news?

Nothing here. I even put a sketch and an advert in this week. Ah well...

Nothing here either. Oh well. Next time...

We had a oneliner - in the first breaking news section - the Prince George joke. Well done to all who got the in or nearly in email. Good luck for next week - week 5 - where did the time go??? :)

Nothing this week, well done to everyone that git something on!

2 more chances this series! Argh!

J x

Quote: StephenM @ 29th September 2016, 5:57 PM

I've got the 'glass half-full' one too. Encouraging but you can't help but wish for that little bit more!

?

I'm never happy to get the bad e-mail, it makes me think I got no return on my 'investment' of submitting something which was almost good enough. If I hear nothing then I feel I've cut my losses by not giving them anything that good! At least I know it wasn't a sketch that got that far, because I didn't submit any.
I will next week though.

Quote: Nogget @ 30th September 2016, 4:53 PM

I'm never happy to get the bad e-mail, it makes me think I got no return on my 'investment' of submitting something which was almost good enough. If I hear nothing then I feel I've cut my losses by not giving them anything that good! At least I know it wasn't a sketch that got that far, because I didn't submit any.
I will next week though.

Yes but it does get you noticed by the producers when they see your name popping up, even if it gets cut in the end. A few series ago the NJ producers said that getting in the script was just as important as getting a credit, that's what they looked at when inviting people in etc. Might not be the case now but it does get you noticed and means several people have read / heard your material.

Sitcommissions does seem more helpful though, q.v. (That means "which see", by the way).

Quote: StephenM @ 1st October 2016, 12:04 PM

Yes but it does get you noticed by the producers when they see your name popping up, even if it gets cut in the end. A few series ago the NJ producers said that getting in the script was just as important as getting a credit, that's what they looked at when inviting people in etc. Might not be the case now but it does get you noticed and means several people have read / heard your material.

Good points Stephen, you've encouraged me to actually submit some sketches this week, so if we end up having to hear them it's all your fault.

Oneliners sent! Good luck to everyone submitting!
Only two more chances left this series, let's DO this!

J x

Sent off my one liners (3 Breaking News & 3 Viewsjacks) last night! Best of luck to all :D