Morgana Robinson's The Agency

She's brilliant, but . . .

There's milking a joke and there's desperately trying to milk something that was bone dry in the first place.

It was like the drunk at the dinner party who thinks they're hilarious and drags it out because everyone is laughing out of politeness and embarrassment.

I don't understand how the material had any legs on paper in first place as it was so terrible it was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

I feel bad for her because the critics are going to slaughter it.

:(

I liked it!
Her Sonia and Fearne Cotton are just utterly perfect.

And the sections for each character are short enough that the ones you're not as keen on aren't on for long.

Quote: zooo @ 26th September 2016, 11:22 PM

I liked it!

And the sections for each character are short enough that the ones you're not as keen on aren't on for long.

There is no arguing that those two are quite brilliant . . . it was the others that killed it. She should have been advised it was just not working.

Apparently she hates her Gregg Wallace, but will await what the critics make of Danny Dyer - so long I could hear the tumbleweeds.

Wasn't very impressed. she felt constrained by the format, she is so much better than this

Quote: fopdoodle @ 26th September 2016, 10:32 PM

She's brilliant, but . . .

There's milking a joke and there's desperately trying to milk something that was bone dry in the first place.

It was like the drunk at the dinner party who thinks they're hilarious and drags it out because everyone is laughing out of politeness and embarrassment.

I don't understand how the material had any legs on paper in first place as it was so terrible it was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

I feel bad for her because the critics are going to slaughter it.

:(

Spot on. We're watching it now thinking ... argh!

Quote: zooo @ 26th September 2016, 11:22 PM

I liked it!

They are, but I find the two 'real life slebs' so irritating that I don't wish to see a fairly credible impression on screen.

That said 'Miranda' exclaiming "awkward!" following a turgid Pinter exchange was pretty funny.

I like her so thought it was ok. Particularly liked Danny the Bear. Her Adele was spot on, and her Sonya..

Her Miranda Hart was perfect! Hope "Mel & Sue" make a return too.

For somebody so attractive she does have quite a funny face for some of these characters.

Didn't bother with episode 2. One was enough. Very poor scripts!

I suppose you have to like the comedy of Mel & Sue and Miranda to like any spoofs of them. I s'pect your comedy is more Stewart Lee and Frankie Boyle?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th October 2016, 1:10 PM

I suppose you have to like the comedy of Mel & Sue and Miranda to like any spoofs of them. I s'pect your comedy is more Stewart Lee and Frankie Boyle?

Not necessarily. What made you come to that particular conclusion?

I wish she would do more with Fearne. Similar to the depth she goes to with Sonia.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 8th October 2016, 8:02 AM

Not necessarily. What made you come to that particular conclusion?

Talking to Charlie. Did you like it then, BN?

Utter shite.

Quote: zooo @ 8th October 2016, 11:00 AM

I wish she would do more with Fearne. Similar to the depth she goes to with Sonia.

But Fearne is so bland, there's nothing to take the piss out of.