Who should be the new Carry On team? Page 2

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 26th September 2016, 5:58 PM

OK I stand corrected - I was misled by the thread title which implies that they might be recruiting a new Carry On Team.

I am truly glad to hear that they are not doing a remake.

The OP is either misled or just asking for a bit of fun (or, I think, the thread has diverted a little). There's no attempt to recreate the original personas or roles at all. They'll be putting together entirely new ensemble casts with modern comedy talent. :)

That's more like it! :)

I can't see why a modern ensemble comedy shouldn't work really well.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 26th September 2016, 5:48 PM

Jordan would work as a Sid James look-a-like, both of them.

And Keith 'Babs' Vaz as Barbara Windsor, certainly, why not?

I still cannot see any point in a remake, the Carry On series was very much of its time and I don't think there is a viable scenario for a worthwhile remake any more than say a remake of Brian Rix's Whitehall farces, which had a similar run of success as the Carry On's (for theatre and TV) but were similarly of their time.

I would love to see remakes of Brian Rix's Whitehall farces. I have been known to travel vast distances to see a good farce.

My ideal play would comprise someone going out of one door just as someone else come in another door, preferably with no trousers on and, ideally, with a vicar coming up the garden path.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th September 2016, 7:04 PM

I would love to see remakes of Brian Rix's Whitehall farces. I have been known to travel vast distances to see a good farce.

My ideal play would comprise someone going out of one door just as someone else come in another door, preferably with no trousers on and, ideally, with a vicar coming up the garden path.

:D

Hopefully that well and truly puts the lid on this thread... Broken heart

Phew, Bunter, I am sure I heard some braces twanging somewhere..

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 26th September 2016, 5:48 PM

Jordan would work as a Sid James look-a-like, both of them.

And Keith 'Babs' Vaz as Barbara Windsor, certainly, why not?

I still cannot see any point in a remake, the Carry On series was very much of its time and I don't think there is a viable scenario for a worthwhile remake any more than say a remake of Brian Rix's Whitehall farces, which had a similar run of success as the Carry On's (for theatre and TV) but were similarly of their time.

:D

How right your are Mr Rage.

It was ten to five in the morning. I realise now that I did that age old thing of not remembering the "s" on the end of people's surnames. Here is the fully corrected list:

Chris Eubanks, Jordan, Sir Philip Green, Keith Vaz, Nicholas Parsons, Miranda Krestovnikoff, Danny Baker, Zoe Balls, Yaya Toure, Rylan Clark-Neal, Jacob Rees Mogg, Tomasz Schafernakers, Kim Kardashian, Cliff Richards, Benedict Wong and Adele.

Cliff Richard would not approve of the s at the end of his surname. Zoe Ball I am not so sure.

I think we should set up a society for adding an s onto all names from now on, Yours Muddlecombes

Frankie Rages - actually, I more mumble advisedly..

Jimmy Carr
Vic and Bob
Al Murray - pub landlord.
Sean Lock (Sid replacement)
Joe Walsh
Joe Lycett
Henning Wehn
Load of fit birds with big knockers - yak, yak yak

End it once and for all and bury it, its day has long gone.
Columbus was one too far, Carry On should have been killed off then.

Thinking about it it could never live up to the originals. It was of its time; times have changed; we have different types of humour now - some better - some worse!

The Spice Girls.

If the Spice Girls are in, then Boy George and David Hasselhoff should also be in. Boy George already proved his considerable acting prowess in a memorable episode of The A-Team. Hasselhoff can play the American patient who has flown to the UK to fix a botched sex change op.

I wonder if Jim Dale, Barbara Windsor and Bernard Cribbins could be lured into a doing a brief cameo, where they look upon proceedings with contemptuous dismay, before doing something daft/vulgar themselves.

Ultimately, it ought not be a parade of stars or it may fail as did Columbus, which sacrificed plot continuity for too many fleeting star turns.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th September 2016, 5:04 AM

Chris Eubank, Jordan, Sir Philip Green, Keith Vaz, Nicholas Parsons, Miranda Krestovnikoff, Danny Baker, Zoe Ball, Yaya Toure, Rylan Clark-Neal, Jacob Rees Mogg, Tomasz Schafernaker, Kim Kardashian, Cliff Richard, Benedict Wong and Adele.

Carry On Dreaming with Alan Sugar; Katie Price; Benedict Cumberbatch; Hugh Laurie; Dawn French; Kate Robbins; Eddie Marsan; Bob Mortimer; Julie Walters; Michael Sheen; Hugh Dennis: Mickey Flanagan; Seann Walsh; Kevin Bridges (doing his posh southerner - brilliant) and Wilfried Zaha.