Toast of London - Series 2 Page 5

Great to see Toast of London get best new comedy award at British Comedy Awards, well deserved.

Matt Berry at last gets a role he can sink his teeth into. Steven Toast is one of the best comic creations in many a long year. He's also not a bad songwriter (the theme song Take my hand is one of the best around in years). It also proves that Arthur Mathews is every bit the comedic writing genius as his Father Ted co writer Graham Linehan. I think it's better than IT Crowd. Harry Peacock's Ray Purchase deserves his own show. Robert Bathurst's Ed Howzer-Black gets more pervy and funnier as the show continues. Series 2 proved Toast of London will be joining the ranks of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Early Doors as one of least-seen comedies around (it still hasn't picked up a major audience but rather a cult one).

Quote: Looper007 @ 18th December 2014, 4:57 PM GMT

Great to see Toast of London get best new comedy award at British Comedy Awards, well deserved.

Matt Berry at last gets a role he can sink his teeth into. Steven Toast is one of the best comic creations in many a long year. He's also not a bad songwriter (the theme song Take my hand is one of the best around in years). It also proves that Arthur Mathews is every bit the comedic writing genius as his Father Ted co writer Graham Linehan. I think it's better than IT Crowd. Harry Peacock's Ray Purchase deserves his own show. Robert Bathurst's Ed Howzer-Black gets more pervy and funnier as the show continues. Series 2 proved Toast of London will be joining the ranks of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Early Doors as one of least-seen comedies around (it still hasn't picked up a major audience but rather a cult one).

Unfortunately, the major audiences tend to watch Mrs Brown's Boys, My Family, Miranda and the like, all of which get around 8 million viewers. It's almost a kiss of death being on C4 as even big US hits like Friends, Big Bang Theory and Frasier would've been lucky to get half this. Peep Show's never really got more than 1.5m and The IT Crowd's best were about 2.5m. The fact Gogglebox gets 3.5 -4 m viewers while ToL isn't even in C4s' top 30 says it all really.

Quote: Alexei Q @ 22nd December 2014, 3:28 PM GMT

Unfortunately, the major audiences tend to watch Mrs Brown's Boys, My Family, Miranda and the like, all of which get around 8 million viewers. It's almost a kiss of death being on C4 as even big US hits like Friends, Big Bang Theory and Frasier would've been lucky to get half this. Peep Show's never really got more than 1.5m and The IT Crowd's best were about 2.5m. The fact Gogglebox gets 3.5 -4 m viewers while ToL isn't even in C4s' top 30 says it all really.

I like being a cult viewer.

just found out we studied in nottingham at the same time
i thought that prick looked familiar

Quote: gon gon @ 21st April 2016, 2:57 PM BST

just found out we studied in nottingham at the same time
i thought that prick looked familiar

What a witty guy you are.

Quote: gon gon @ 21st April 2016, 2:57 PM BST

Just found out we studied in Nottingham at the same time
i thought that prick looked familiar.

Strange subject to study?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st April 2016, 6:48 PM