South Park Page 10

Quote: Lee @ 11th August 2016, 4:21 PM

I never know when it's on or which channel, so the past few years of it I have missed.

Do yourself a favor and watch Season 19. Mostly consistently high quality episodes and more relevant than ever.

So, Season 20 has finally commenced. And the opening episode was a little crowded: 3 concurrent plot strands (internet trolling, US presidential election and something about refusing to stand for the national anthem). Did it work? Not really. Not too preachy, just lacking the usual fun of a stand-alone episode. Instead, it looks like being a long arc.

The national anthem thing (multimillionaire black football players refusing to stand as a protest against police) has been a hot topic the last few weeks. Last Sunday I noticed one player who kneeled with a couple of other players, but he hedged his bet by also placing his hand over his heart.

I think I've got this on series record
So looking forward to it
never dull, often brilliant

I've never really watched it since I got hooked on Family Guy/American Dad. Is it still worth watching? Does Kenny still get killed in every episode?

South Park remains superior to Family Guy. In recent years, Family Guy has become increasingly nasty, unpleasant and pointless, whereas South Park is always relevant and funny and vulgar. They stopped routinely killing Kenny way, way back at the end of Season 5. He was permanently killed in early Season 6 but was later resurrected at the end of that season.

They have hinted they may be up for killing him again this current season.

It starts tonight in the UK on Comedy Central. I've set the recorder!

I'm sure they used to put all the old episodes online (officially, legally) but the link on their website redirects to Comedy Central's UK website, where I'm guessing they don't have the rights to show them? I'd rather not pirate :(

Quote: Lee @ 16th September 2016, 9:20 AM

I'm sure they used to put all the old episodes online (officially, legally) but the link on their website redirects to Comedy Central's UK website, where I'm guessing they don't have the rights to show them? I'd rather not pirate :(

Yes, the South Park website used to have every episode available for free streaming from anywhere. In 2014, the online rights for streaming the entire South Park library were sold to Hulu for about $80 million (and last year the deal was extended for $192 million), so access from outside the US was limited/ceased, thus a VPN/proxy is required for people in countries where South Park is not broadcast (or they can find episodes on unauthorized/pirate streaming sites).

I hope you'll watch Season 19 if you've not seen it yet. And I hope you won't find the Season 20 opener underwhelming.

While Episode 1 was a little bloated, Episode 2 was focused and superb. Great choices of music. And for the first time, I think, someone in South Park said: "Oh, for f**k's sake."

Season 23: Two episodes so far and good stuff. The second episode, China Band, has got the show banned and wiped off the internet in China (although can still be accessed via VPN in China). A massive "f**k you" to Disney for producing self-censored, China-friendly pap and for not having the balls to defend Winnie the Pooh.

Yeah.
Similar to same time ep. of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
Thunder Gun 4: Maximum Cool
S14, Ep2
Is also about going to wider audience and necessary censorship: https://twitter.com/chp13pvjs9JPGPi/status/1180365467531304960

Both shows are funny, I don't miss them.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th October 2019, 12:00 PM

Season 23: Two episodes so far and good stuff. The second episode, China Band, has got the show banned and wiped off the internet in China (although can still be accessed via VPN in China). A massive "f**k you" to Disney for producing self-censored, China-friendly pap and for not having the balls to defend Winnie the Pooh.

South Park's tweeted response to China is one of the best things I've read all week:

South Park is surely one of the funniest and most entertaining shows in the history of TV.

I used to watch it years ago but, for some reason, I got out of the habit.

I've now started again from Series 1.

Episode 3 of Season 23, the show's 300th, was crap. A one-joke affair with a super-weak ending. Autistic sounds like artistic. And the episode was insufficiently preachy against the stupidity of the anti-vaccination movement.

I haven't seen it for years now. I'm afraid that Family Guy and to a slightly lesser extent American Dad have taken its place in my viewing habits.

Where is it on now?