Viz Comic Page 17

Has anyone had any ideas for Viz characters? I've had loads that I've never written down and forgotten but one I remember is called simply 'Margaret Thatcher'. It's Margaret as a British PM moonlighting as a master Thatcher on the side. She doesn't have a clue about being a Thatcher and has false certificates but always comes up with a cunning plan to get the project done. Her politicall life always gets in the way and guarantees disaster. Hurahh. A bit like the Elton John escapades.

The Drone That Was Afraid To Leave Home

Shaven Raven and Her Offshore Haven

Radio Killjoys

(a firm that inserts references to terrorism, cancer, rape, alzheimers etc in every light entertainment show)

Oh no - that's already a description of commercial radio and television.

......and Adult Bananas in Pyjamas.

(no need to do anything with this other than to transfer the childrens' series directly into still cartoon form)

I've been trying for ages to find two old strips, probably both mid-to-late 90s. One was a photostory about a guy whose girlfriend was much smarter than him, and included a close-up of his gormless face with the speech bubble 'I'm thick as pigshit, me' and the other was a 'day in the life'-type comic strip about how newspapers work. It included panels about reporters going to the pub to 'spout libellous gossip', the same reporter having a heart attack, the cartoonist drawing instantly recognisable characters as 'with a few deft strokes of his pen, he writes who it's meant to be on their T-shirt' and at the end, the copy being handed to a bored sub-editor who changes the facts to fit a headline he thought of earlier in the day. If anyone can point me in the direction of the relevant annuals or collections, I'd be much obliged!

Pinocchio the Bogey Man
Berserker Twerkers
Nigel and the White Cliffs Wasps
The Select Committee on Legal Highs
Camper van Parliament
Plastic Surgeons Hit The Bronx

Charles, King of Nomansland
Morgellons Brandreth
Allah 'Ello
Camilla's Undercurrents
Harry Pothead and the Goblet of Wilderbeeste
Beheaded Hoodies versus the Mensa Synod
I-Phone Orwell, 1984
Adele the Fishwife
Theresa May But His Saintly Mother Will
The Marigold That Spoke in Feathers

For the BCG's Billy Bunter:

I always was fond of a large tart.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th September 2016, 6:07 PM

I always was fond of a large tart.

Sure enough, the Viz Bunter spoof does conclude with a "tart" pun.

I wish Viz would do more Bunter spoofs. Especially if they could fit in a panel about Quelch and Prout arguing over whether the 29th line in the first ode of the first book of Horace begins with 'te' or 'me'. Possibly I am all alone in finding that hilarious. Is Latin still taught in English schools? Or just in a handful of public schools?

Clumsy Jackson Pillock and His Inadvertent Paintings
Knees Up Mother Brown Grasshoppers
The Moral Maze Live From The Bashment
Swiss Family Hadron
Location, Location, Disorientation
PC John Inverhill Plonks Three Feet In It
The Girl With The Pearl Ear Trumpet
Tossing the Caber with Kan Ye McWest

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th September 2016, 10:50 AM

Clumsy Jackson Pillock and His Inadvertent Paintings
Knees Up Mother Brown Grasshoppers
The Moral Maze Live From The Bashment
Swiss Family Hadron
Location, Location, Disorientation
PC John Inverhill Plonks Three Feet In It
The Girl With The Pearl Ear Trumpet

Sorry
But what are you doing exactly at the moment?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th September 2016, 10:58 AM

Sorry
But what are you doing exactly at the moment?

Has anyone had any ideas for Viz characters?

(nine posts above)

You can join in if you feel like it.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th September 2016, 6:55 AM

I wish Viz would do more Bunter spoofs.

Unfortunately, the Kim Jong-Un as Billy Bunter (Kim Jong B'Unter) in the current Viz is weak as piss. Art fine, but woefully unimaginative script. Missed out on the obvious joke of giving the North Korean schoolboys comically oversized caps. Zero references to being short of money for food (for himself or his countrymen). No mention of postal orders from Dennis Rodman. None of the Greyfriars regulars (save for Bunter and Quelch), not even the token Chinese student Wun Lung.

The Billy the Fish strip in the same issue, which pathetically mocks Donald Trump, is equally crap.

Broon Windsors great, as is Snoop Dog's Spoon Facts.

A pretty weak issue overall. Roughneck O'Dare had potential but the ending was lacking any kind of reason to laugh. Drunken Bakers was amusing but more tragic irony than funny. Biffa Bacon was meh and nothing else made me think "what a well spent £3.50". As always though there is something which makes me laugh so much I concede I'll be buying the next issue. Stickers as well in August and it's about time the tight bastards gave away something.

I've not seen the Twitter feed for about six consecutive months so hope to see that make an appearance soon and I can't rememeber Spoilt Bastard in any recent issues.

Snoop's Spoons was a highlight but what had me howling and still makes me chuckle is the picture of the artist of Prince Phillip's commemorative plate. He's wearing a checked (could be tartan) tank top and looking very exitedly at a large plate of grub. The 'About The Artists' are always funny but this is the best so far :D

Has anyone ever checked out Aqua Velvas on youtube? The band that must spend a small fortune every month on a full A4 page colour spread.

The new issue of Viz has some great BBC spoof ads. And some other good stuff.

Quote: Kenneth @ 19th March 2018, 2:00 PM

The new issue of Viz has some great BBC spoof ads. And some other good stuff.

The BBC ads are a hit :D Another absence of the Twitter feed though and maybe it's not coming back. I miss the vile tweets of @RevJFalcout and @RealAledJones.