Wasted - Series 1

E4 Tuesdays -

This show won't be everyone's cup of tea - I can imagine it getting some flak (or even vitriol. Don't shoot the Messenger!) - but I'm enjoying it (surprised there's no thread so far), and last week's episode (ep. 4 The Berry Man) was really good, and the best so far. (Haven't got around to this week's one yet.)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/wasted/episodes/1/4/

It's pretty coarse in places - I prefer not to watch it when eating. :) I think it'll be too coarse for some. Ep. 2 really pushed the boat out in that respect, but just about got away with it - though I shudder when I think of the ending, and won't be watching that bit again.

You could say it's as if the Farrelly Brothers had got their hands on Spaced.

The Sean Bean device works pretty well, and isn't overused, with ep. 4 another highlight.

I almost stopped watching halfway through the first episode because it was jumping around and not making much sense. Then I realized that I'd acquired a dodgy copy that didn't play properly, so I acquired another one and enjoyed it very much. I watched two more and enjoyed them as well. Very Spaced-like.

It took me two episodes to really warm up to this show, but now I can't get enough of it. I really hope they get a second series.. also, I agree. The Berry Man episode was a riot. Morpheus steals the show.

Didn't expect to like this at all after reading about it but after watching it, I absolutely love it. Constantly funny, sometimes filthy, visually arresting. Loved all the episodes. The lad playing Morpheus is brilliant and loved all the scenes with Sean Bean. Hope a 2nd series gets commissioned.

I really enjoyed this - up there with Toast of London in terms of recent series that have made me laugh out loud. Also lots of things that really chimed for those of us who were in rural-ish small towns at that age (but not the sex party).

The Sean Bean bits were great and not overused, as mentioned above. "The ancient laws prohibit Sean Bean from interfering in the affairs of men".

As others have said, fairly graphic humour at times so probably not for the faint hearted...

Will wasted be getting a second series ?.

I can't see any indication that it's getting a second series or that it's been cancelled.. which means it's probably been cancelled. :(

I remember the same thing happened with Phoneshop.

Quote: bump909 @ 1st September 2017, 6:17 PM

I can't see any indication that it's getting a second series or that it's been cancelled.. which means it's probably been cancelled. :(

I remember the same thing happened with Phoneshop.

PhoneShop famalam in da house. I miss that too. They say no news is good news - not when it comes to shows getting dumped and lost in the void it's not.