Newsjack 2016 Page 27

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th September 2016, 12:56 AM

I got the "raise your hopes & then dash them on the rocks of despair" e mail
as well

The 'Farage has resigned, oh no wait he's unresigned' email.

That was the strongest first episode in a long while. Please tell me someone here wrote the Eddie Izzard sketch?

It was good, though I don't know why they ask for 3 news items and 3 viewsjacks - there were only 3 viewsjacks used on this episode.

Really enjoyed the first episode! Laughs-a-minute entertainment this time around - in previous series I've found Nish's opening monologue sometimes fell flat, but not last night! Edgier jokes than I was expecting as well

They even said 'tits'!

Well done to everyone who got something on episode 1. And to the silver medalists too who got the close e-mail.

Really enjoyed Episode 1 and a really promising start to the new series. Felt like it was both satirical and covered the big stories of the week so gets a thumbs up from me.

What did people on here get on?

Well done to everyone who got on or got the nearly email! I thought it was a terrific first episode, especially loved the Eddie Izzard sketch - what a brilliant idea! Nothing for us this week but we'll keep trying!

Good luck for next week everyone! :)

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th September 2016, 12:31 AM

They even said 'tits'!

Twice! Surprised they left in the under 18s gag about the Catholic Church as well.

I thought the standard was very high this week. As ever, well done to anybody that got anything on!

Didn't end up sending anything in, well done to all who got the nearly or the actually!

Does anyone have an example of how to structure the 30-second advert script? Is it just formatted as normal sketch, but with a 130 word limit? Thanks in advance.

30 seconds is usually half a page (about size 16 font). 130 words is approximately right.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th September 2016, 6:50 AM

30 seconds is usually half a page (about size 16 font). 130 words is approximately right.

Confirms what I thought, thanks!

I have submitted two sketches for this weeks show, but had to send them in separate emails (iPad wasn't letting me link more than one file) Do you think they are are okay with this? Their site says in one e-mail.

Just sending in my oneliners, 3 of each. No sketches for me this week, gonna hit them hard next week!

As ever, good luck everyone!

J x

Submitted my first sketch to Newsjack, for years.

Not overly hopeful, but worth giving it a go.