What are you watching on TV? Page 2,092

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th August 2016, 11:13 PM

Sydney Steamboat.

Garbiñe is VERY disappointed in you for not watching her match instead.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 8th August 2016, 12:42 AM

Garbiñe is VERY disappointed in you for not watching her match instead.

Nice picture.

I'd sort of dismissed the Olympics on the grounds that nearly everyone is on marijuana butane hash oil and I had completely forgotten there is tennis. Yes. I will be watching Garbine's match against Nao Ribena before she rings me from Rio.

Since we voted for Britain leaving UEFA, I'm mainly getting stuff on the Australian multiplex. That's Sydney Sailboat rather than Sydney Steamboat (what a fool to have got its title wrong) and London Live being piped in from the Commonwealth.

As I write (7.03am) there is a full broadcast of Wishbone Ash live from the Marquee. In these troubled political times, that has got to be better than Vietnamese terrorism, not to mention Jack de Manio.

'Sufragette'. I expect I'll be ready to kill any minute now.

Just got teary when the woman sacrificed herself in front of the king's
horse.

Ooh. So, in the film, did she know she would die?

Just saw Mozart From Memory on BBC4 showing an orchestra performing Jupiter with no score. Words fail me.

The opening sequence to Strictly....so much glam, so much glitter and so much er, glue.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd September 2016, 6:59 PM

The opening sequence to Strictly....so much glam, so much glitter and so much er, glue.

Sadly I missed it. :(

It would have been the pinnacle of an excellent week of television viewing including Alan Johnson's history of the Post Office, animals do intelligence (incredible raccoons) and James May re-assembling a 1959 lawnmower.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd September 2016, 7:05 PM

and James May re-assembling a 1959 lawnmower.

Ah, that would explain all the glue.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd September 2016, 7:11 PM

Ah, that would explain all the glue.

:D

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th August 2016, 9:26 PM

The great Rock n roll swindle

Just bought the CD (from a charity shop) and there are some great performances on there. Apart from the obvious Lydon led songs Sid was a great Rock 'n' roll singer and Steve Cook was good too.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd September 2016, 6:59 PM

Only just realised that the gorgeous Anastacia is taking part. A great voice and a heroic woman. Was she good?

We haven't really seen anyone dance yet. She got paired with scary Brendan.

Looking forward to Ep.2 of Stage School (E4) which I recorded. Last night's opener was pretty classic in a Young Dreams kind of way.

Am I the only one who finds that IKEA advert racist? Not that I'm overly fussed.

Which Ikea advert?