Eddie The Eagle

Great to see they've made this film about our very own "Cool Running."

I've become a bit of a ski jumping fan in later years but I didn't watch it in the late 80s...and yet I did know Eddie.

My son met him last year and says he is a very interesting nice bloke.
I will probably watch the film when it's available on Netflix or somesuch.

Watched the trailer. Looks funny and engaging.

His career went downhill.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th March 2016, 8:17 AM GMT

But not particularly well.

I'm going to see that in the next couple of weeks. Apparently Eddie lives in the same village as Sade!

Saw this a few nights ago and very enjoyable is was too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th March 2016, 8:17 AM GMT

Quote: Chappers @ 15th March 2016, 11:49 PM GMT

But not particularly well.

Give the chap a medal!

I watched this film in the cinema. I loved the film, it was great.

I saw it a few months ago too and really enjoyed it. It's the kind of homegrown filmmaking the British truly excel at. I noticed that the actress who played Eddie's mum also pops up in David Brent: Life On The Road.

I watched this on a (nightmare) plane journey a few days ago. Was very enjoyable but stole several elements from Cool Runnings. Odd that they decided to exclude certain elements from his real life (eg. sleeping in a mental hospital), and the film seems largely a work of fiction. And all from the former host of Gamesmaster...

Quote: Nick @ 26th August 2016, 7:27 PM

I watched this on a (nightmare) plane journey a few days ago. Was very enjoyable but stole several elements from Cool Runnings. Odd that they decided to exclude certain elements from his real life (eg. sleeping in a mental hospital), and the film seems largely a work of fiction. And all from the former host of Gamesmaster...

I hadn't realised that Eddie had spent time in an institution?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd September 2016, 10:11 PM

I hadn't realised that Eddie had spent time in an institution?

He slept in a mental hospital as he couldn't afford a hotel. He wasn't a patient.

Quote: Nick @ 4th September 2016, 7:02 AM

He slept in a mental hospital as he couldn't afford a hotel. He wasn't a patient.

Oh, right. I now have a mental image of Eddie descending the stairs in the hospital on a wheeled bed a la Jim Dale.