Looking for aspiring writers in Ashford,Kent

Hi there all,
Are there any aspiring comedy sketch writers in East Kent, around Ashford where I live, who want to get together to see if we can write some good silly stuff together?

My vision is to get a local group going, open to all who want to come, to create a rapid-fire TV format show (like The Fast Show) of random sketches that we'd produce ourselves at first for upload to the internet, and maybe in time try to get made professionally for TV if we're good enough and can get noticed. The end goal is to make some money from it one day, or at least have a fun hobby trying to.

My fave comedy shows that have influenced me are :
70s - Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Two Ronnnies, The Goodies
80s - The Young Ones, Blackadder
90s - Bottom, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, Harry Enfield, The Fast Show, Red Dwarf
00s - Armstrong & Miller, Harry & Paul, Little Britain, The Office
Current - Russel Howard, Mock the Week, QI, Have I Got News, Cuckoo

My all time comedy heroes growing up were Rik & Ade, so I guess my main style of humour can be summed up as "silly crude schoolboy", but I also like controversial characters of Little Britain and intelligent wordplay of The Two Ronnies for example.

About me - I'm 45, married with no kids. Unfortunately I have a life-long chronic illness which makes me cough a lot (no, really), destroys my lungs over time, leaving me weak & short of breath. I've had a bad run of years and spent 2 months in hospital last year where I nearly popped my clogs, so I'm lucky I've been given a new chance at life. I don't know how long I've got left, so I want to make the most of it and try to fulfill some of my dreams, like comedy writing, as physically I'm not good for a lot else now.
Humour has always been the light that helped me through my tough moments, and I've collected my silly ideas over recent times and started on various scripts, but need others to collaborate and join in.

If you live near Ashford and have similar goals, send me a message and maybe we can meet up and see where it goes.

Bob

Awww that sounds a brilliant idea!

Unfortunately, I am currently in Leeds. Which would be a bit of a trek!

Good luck with it though!

J x

Hi there. Have you met anyone yet to bounce ideas off. I'm in Herne Bay.

I'm Matt by the way, about the same age, same taste in comedy although I beg to differ on Cuckoo.

Hi
I'm in Essex but know Ashford well. I used to live in Park Farm plus I have family in Brenzett

I you still looking for someone to write with?

Micky

Herne Bay rocks - my parents have a place there and we're often hangin' around Sandancers.

I write comedy too.

Are you sure you're not confusing it with somewhere else?

I have often found that no matter where I am there's always somewhere else.