RIP Brian Rix

Maybe you have to be an old fart to remember (Lord) Brian Rix as he was mostly famous for his stage (comedy farce) work, who has died at the ripe old age of 92.

Not flags but trousers will be dropped to half mast.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"

Many a happy childhood memory of the family sitting round the TV on a Bank Holiday Monday evening, enjoying a Brian Rix farce broadcast live from the Whitehall Theatre.

Is there an Archbishop doing a eulogy? Will he have any trousers?

A really fantastic, now-undervalued comic talent. Saddened his final days were so grim. The law must change.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/2190/brian_rix_dies_92_farceur/

His daughter Louisa was Mel Smith's partner in Colin's Sandwich and Kevin's (Harry Enfield) mum ...................not a lot of people know that.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"

And his son produces Not Going Out. (I think).

A great man, a funny man and an entertainer. Always seemed to have a smile on his face in spite of everything. R.I.P.

God seems an age since I last saw Brian Rix on the box. Showing my age as an old fart I thoroughly enjoyed the old Whitehall Farces. Sadly I doubt if I'll ever see them again as I can't imagine there are any recordings of them.