BCG's new message board Page 7

Is it normal to see "Welcome back! Welcome to the all-new British Comedy Guide, with our relaunched forums, overhauled user profiles, and much more to come soon. We hope you like what you see. Please review your profile as we have added and changed some fields and settings..." every time I log back in? Just wondering...

Quote: Aaron @ 17th August 2016, 12:41 AM

All very strange. I've tried on my iPad and all is fine. I'll be in touch later in the week to do some further experimenting with you and see if we can get this fixed. Obviously it's a bug somewhere and shouldn't be happening!

Cheers Aaron.

Where has the BCG fantasy football league thread gone?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th August 2016, 7:39 AM

Where has the BCG fantasy football league thread gone?

Oh, you already found it: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33177/3/

Is it just me or when threads remain unchanged (that is, there is no new subject heading) the new style seems to highlight the fact more?

Well, I've tried the site on several occasions now and at various times but I'm not keen. It's far slower than it used to be and the "active topics" needs to be compressed or at least to have that option. I have found no improvements over the old format.
Sorry and all that but you said you wanted feedback and this is mine !

Quote: Maurice Mynah @ 19th August 2016, 7:12 AM

Well, I've tried the site on several occasions now and at various times but I'm not keen.

Welcome to the club, now set in a 1950s ice cream parlour, although your comments will make very little or no difference.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"
Founder member of the "Bring back the old boards" movement

Quote: Maurice Mynah @ 19th August 2016, 7:12 AM

It's far slower than it used to be...

Same here.

I've noticed some slowness as well, but I'd assumed that my bits and bytes were just taking the slow boat across the Atlantic.

I don't find it slower, just for balance.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 19th August 2016, 2:38 PM

I don't find it slower, just for balance.

Show off!

Sorry about the speed of a couple of pages poeple... we are trying to improve this still! It's a tricky job!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th August 2016, 9:30 AM

Your comments will make very little or no difference.

Hercules, your comments are becoming increasingly annoying. I'm going to give you three very simple choices. Please pick one of these:

1. Leave. There's no point hanging around if you're not enjoying it. The 'Delete Account' button can be found here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/

2. If you're not leaving, stop boring us with the "bring back the old boards" messages and accept that, whilst we are still working on changes to make this new version as pleasant as possible - no matter how many times you ask - we definitely will not be going back to the old system so there's no point asking any more.

3. Pay for our £4,000-a-year server bill. Then you can have a right to have a say in how we code things.

Quote: Mark @ 19th August 2016, 3:33 PM

2. If you're not leaving, stop boring us with the "bring back the old boards" messages and accept that, whilst we are still working on changes to make this new version as pleasant as possible - no matter how many times you ask - we definitely will not be going back to the old system so there's no point asking any more.

I think putting it in your signature is a bit different from "keeping going on about it." Just because one system is bad it doesn't mean a new system is any better.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th August 2016, 8:22 PM

I think putting it in your signature is a bit different from "keeping going on about it."

Do signatures even exist anymore? I assumed he was pasting it into every post.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th August 2016, 8:22 PM

Just because one system is bad it doesn't mean a new system is any better.

Sure. My point is though, this is the best we can do given our budget and abilities... so Hercules making the same point a few times that we're not good enough for him isn't particularly helpful. I don't mind hearing it once, but not repeatedly.