South Park Page 9

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 11 2011, 9:10 AM BST

So is South Park over?

The latest episode, "You're Getting Old", which I thought was hilarious, the best of the season so far, seemed to suggest Matt and Trey are ready to put it to bed.

And Wikipedia agrees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_Getting_Old

Yes, it seemed to suggest they're getting bored of the same shit. I hope not though, it's still as good as ever. Very downbeat ending though.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 11 2011, 12:41 PM BST

Yes, it seemed to suggest they're getting bored of the same shit. I hope not though, it's still as good as ever. Very downbeat ending though.

On reflection, I kinda hope they do end it now. It was a brilliant episode to go out on.

Very much doubt they can end it there- they're under contract for at least another series and a half.

I imagine it's come out of their shared frustration given how much work they're doing- the launch of the Book of Mormon while shill producing a weekly show. I do hope that it's a false lead- it's my favourite show and I genuinely don't see any degradation in quality.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a324529/south-park-creators-musical-book-of-mormon-wins-at-tonys.html

Quote: Bryan Parry @ April 19 2010, 7:32 PM BST

South Park's brilliant. When it came out, I was a kid. I hated it. Why? Cos all the morons liked it cos 1. it has swear words, and 2. "Oh my god! They killed Kenny". However, when I actually gave it a chance around 5 years ago, I realised it's actually really intelligent a lot of the time, and one of the best comedies around, even if some flids like it too.

Its because I think it doesn't suit to young audience! its deeper than we think! Personally Im a Huge fan of it the boondocks aswell which is completely different. I can't stand family guy and these kinds of crap!

I used to find it funny once, killing Kenny was always amusing. However at some point I lost touch with it, now I couldn't give a toss.

Haven't watched it for ages. been watching Family Guy and American Dad but recently rediscovered it.

A great episode on now with Britney Spears blowing the top of her head off. Classic!

Chappers watching AMERICAN TELEVISION?

Yeah - but only the cartoons.

Oh, that's OK then :)

Into its 16th season and its been brilliant lately. James Cameron raising the bar two episodes ago and this scene with everyone wearing Bane masks had me in tears the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKoy0Qwh-g

I truly enjoy Cartman freezin' himself and going into the Atheist future, also
Super Best Friends.

I'm a huge South Park fan, I just love it. Too many people still think it hasn't changed since the very early episodes, so they think it's still the killing kenny joke over and over again. We gave a bunch of DVDs to my brother-in-law to watch because that's how he felt and he has now been succesfully converted into being a fan again.

Is anyone else looking forward to Series 20? Starts in just under 6 weeks.
Series 19, last year, was excellent, with its anti-PC, anti-sanctimonious bullshit arc. They already killed Donald Trump (albeit a Canadian Trump) last year, in a rather unpleasant way.

I never know when it's on or which channel, so the past few years of it I have missed.